What if my ad unit id is leaked to other people?

Hai Phong Phan

Aug 3, 2014, 5:33:58 AM8/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have an Android app using 1 Admob interstitial ad. If you have the apk file, it's trivial to extract, decompile and get the ad unit id that I set in the onCreate() method. The question is, if other people have my ad unit, can they put it in another app, writing code to generate continuous clicks on the ad unit, and therefore making my account banned?

Sergi Castellsagué Millán

Aug 3, 2014, 6:33:23 AM8/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
El diumenge 3 d’agost de 2014 11:33:58 UTC+2, Hai Phong Phan va escriure:
I have an Android app using 1 Admob interstitial ad. If you have the apk file, it's trivial to extract, decompile and get the ad unit id that I set in the onCreate() method. The question is, if other people have my ad unit, can they put it in another app, writing code to generate continuous clicks on the ad unit, and therefore making my account banned?

 If I'm not wrong, when an Ad is requested, it sends the current package name. It would be very easy for admob team to detect that it's not your ad call.

Hai Phong Phan

Aug 3, 2014, 6:49:10 AM8/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
They could build an app using my package name and run locally. As far as I know, using the same package name is prohibited only if you try to upload the apk to Google Play Store