Admob Migration

Shemetenga N

Jun 26, 2014, 6:22:31 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I have been making use of Admob in most of my Android Apps.. I use GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-x.x.x.jar inside /libs folder in my application.. I have the following questions to migrate to the new Admob UI.

1. Is it mandatory to update my apps with the new adUnitId.. Is it ok to use the adUnitId of legacy Admob?

2. Is it necessary to migrate to Google Play Services from Android SDK before migrating to the new UI?

3. I see that legacy Admob will no longer be available from Aug 31st 2014. Does that mean that we have to update to the new adUnitId?

4. Will the earnings (after moving to the new Admob) be shown in the new Admob UI?

5. As there is no paypal payment, what will happen to my existing revenue?

Sorry for many questions.. I'm really puzzled with this UI migration.. I just want to make sure that the migration is smooth.

Thanks in advance.

Shemetenga.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 2, 2014, 4:57:33 PM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shemetenga,

You don't have to update your apps with the new Ad Unit IDs, but we suggest that you do when you republish your apps. However, you *will* need to upgrade to the new interface if you want your old Ad Unit IDs to keep working. You will need to update to the new interface by August 31st.

If you want to publish apps in the Play Store, we will no longer accept apps using the old SDK starting August 1st; after August 1st, we will require that you use the new Google Play Services.

For more on migration you can look at this Upgrade Guide.

Amy Quispe

Shemetenga N

Jul 16, 2014, 8:59:43 AM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the response.. Now it is pretty clear.

I have migrated my legacy ads to the new Admob account.. However "Add a new form of Payment" button is not present in Payment settings.. My Estimated earnings crossed $15 already but there is no option to add "New forms of Payment". Am I missing something?

How do I get my payment?

Shemetenga.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 16, 2014, 6:49:04 PM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shemetenga,

For product support you should check out the Help Center.

Amy Quispe

Shemetenga N

Jul 17, 2014, 5:33:34 AM7/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the response Amy.

I didn't get answer in Help Center for my question. Can you please tell me whom/how to contact Admob team for product related questions?

swi...@gamebit-labs.com

Jul 17, 2014, 6:37:12 PM7/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy,

When you say below: "You don't have to update your apps with the new Ad Unit IDs...You will need to update to the new interface by August 31st" do you mean that after 31st of August, our apps will continue to serve ads with the old ad unit IDs, as long as we're on the new dashboard?

Ben

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 17, 2014, 7:45:08 PM7/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com