Test ads work but live ads don't show up

Hans Jefferson Chua

Mar 24, 2014, 12:41:37 AM3/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

So I just got test ads to work fine. This should mean that live ads should work when I replace it with live ads correct?

However, when I replace the testing flag with false, and use my admob publisher ID, the banner doesn't even show up.

Details:
- I use the same publisher ID in my Android builds, and my android builds works fine
- Test ad banner shows up fine
- Added necessary frameworks, added -ObjC linker flag, fixed library search paths
- I use AdMobPlugin.RequestBannerAd(false, "{}");
- I build directly from XCode. The app isn't on the app store yet. (Neither is the android version but the ads work fine)

If further details are required, I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks in advance!

William Ferguson

Mar 24, 2014, 6:42:24 PM3/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I don't develop in ObjectiveC so I'm answering based upon Android experience.

You won't get a banner being displayed if there are no ads available. Can you look at log to determine what is happening around ad request / load time? On Android you would see the request being made and see a response like 'No ads available'.

William

alchemist

Mar 25, 2014, 12:58:17 AM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I dug into logs, and the error "No ad to show" is being outputted. What does this mean? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

William Ferguson

Mar 25, 2014, 1:44:38 AM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
"No ad to show" generally means that you asked for an ad but the ad network has nothing to give you right now. This is an expected condition. Ie you don't always get an ad when you ask for one. A good way to fill that hole is to use mediation so that you fall back to asking the next ad network in your mediation chain if they have an ad.

William

--

---

alchemist

William Ferguson

Mar 25, 2014, 3:24:43 AM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Yes. at the time that one device asks there may be an ad.
Or an advertiser may have specified that they only want to publish on certain devices, in certain location or locales.

alchemist

Mar 25, 2014, 5:03:19 AM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking into the Admob side now, and will post any developments for reference.

Thank you very much!