Tried Everything: AdMob <> FB Audience Network iOS Integration

Alex Frost

Sep 21, 2023, 2:15:07 PM9/21/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have tried posting to Stack Overflow, paid two people from Fiverr, cold emailed eight strangers, and posted elsewhere online, and am still stuck... what is a bid payload?

We are trying to integrate Facebook Audience Network (FAN) ads into an iOS app, using Google AdMob as the mediation partner. Unfortunately, the FB sample code they've provided shows how to integrate the deprecated Waterfall method, when FB now only supports Bidding.

This is the code that is used to load a Bidding FAN ad in iOS:

private func loadFacebookAd() {
 adView?.removeFromSuperview()
 let ad = FBNativeAd(placementID: "PLACEMENT_ID")
 ad.delegate = self

 // TODO: - Initiate a request to load an ad. Where does it come from?
 ad.loadAd(withBidPayload: <#T##String#>)
}

ChatGPT claims that the BidPayload can be fetched upon loading a Google ad, in the callback:
func adLoader(_ adLoader: GADAdLoader, didReceive nativeAd: GADNativeAd) {

 but I am not seeing any property with a name resembling BidPayload in the Google Ad response data.

Where on earth does this BidPayload string come from?

اذاعةالريماس الفضائية

Sep 21, 2023, 2:21:17 PM9/21/23
to Alex Frost, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
All thanks and appreciation to you and your cooperation with me. I have now started advertising on iOS. Then I discovered this image as a lesson on the social networking site Facebook.

--

---
Screenshot_20230921_210952_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Alex Frost

Sep 23, 2023, 3:49:45 PM9/23/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
bump

Nila Maturan

Sep 24, 2023, 12:11:19 AM9/24/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Sep 26, 2023, 9:30:48 AM9/26/23
to nilamatu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I see that you have already raised this concern on another thread with the subject ' Tried Everything: AdMob <> FB Audience Network iOS Integration', and we have already responded to this issue. To avoid multiple threads on the same issue, please take a look at that thread and continue the discussion on the same for further updates on the issue.

Please reach out to us, if you need any further assistance.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2p0rJ1:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Sep 27, 2023, 4:10:51 AM9/27/23
to alex...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK support team.

By reviewing your concern, I understand that you are trying to integrate Facebook Audience Network (FAN) ads into an iOS app, using Google AdMob as the mediation partner. I would like to inform you that Facebook Audience Network is now Meta Audience Network. I assume that you have followed this article to Integrate Meta Audience Network with bidding . If the issue still persists, kindly provide the below information via “Reply to author” for further investigation:
  • app ID
  • ad unit ID
  • Mobile Ads SDK Version
  • Platform being used
  • Facebook placement ID

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2p0FlT:ref"