Hi after updating compose native ad impressions fall drastically

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 15, 2022, 8:33:52 PM12/15/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Can we implement pure compose ads with event handlers?

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 15, 2022, 8:37:44 PM12/15/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I've been using admob native ads via jetpack compose interop view AndroidView. But after updating my app the impressions fell from 80% to 10%

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 16, 2022, 2:33:17 AM12/16/22
to rsteam...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rustam,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern, since you mentioned that you just recently updated your app, then this might be the reason of the low impression rate. You may check this article to for additional information for common reason for low match rate. Kindly note that the SDK just requests an ad to the ad server (E.g: AdMob), and I'm afraid that it doesn't have any control on fill rate / match rate / impression rate of your app. This is more of an ad serving issue which is out of scope to our team. With that, we recommend reaching out to the Product Support Team as they are better equipped to handle this.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2h3fPa:ref

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 16, 2022, 4:30:31 AM12/16/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi sir I am talking about low impression rate not low match rate
Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 14.29.50.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 16, 2022, 2:18:46 PM12/16/22
to rsteam...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rustam,

Please do note that AdMob is not natively supported in Jetpack Compose yet. Though some features might work; however, we can't assure you that AdMob's features will work as expected as we don't have the visibility on the implementation of the unsupported platform.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2h3fPa:ref

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 16, 2022, 2:59:49 PM12/16/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi I've found some methods of native ad which can be called from compose callbacks like
nativeAd.performClick(Bundle())
nativeAd.recordImpression(Bundle())

But when I call it it's showing warning with a message "The ad slot cannot handle external impression events. You must be in the allow list to be able to report your impression events"

Can you add me to the allow list so I could implement admob sdk in jetpack compose myselft?

Message has been deleted

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 16, 2022, 6:30:26 PM12/16/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I found a report about the issue in the slack community  https://kotlinlang.slack.com/archives/CJLTWPH7S/p1664105063510709
Where it states: "onAdImpression only fires once on the first ad, and on the rest of the screens the ad is rendered but not taken into account"

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 19, 2022, 12:01:25 AM12/19/22
to rsteam...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rustam,

Thank you for your response.

Can you provide us a summary of the reported issue in the slack community link that you're provided? Upon checking, it seems that it is requesting an account before the issue display. In addition to that, with regard to the error you've encounter, in order for us to validate and further check it, could you kindly provide at least a test project where the behavior is reproducible via Reply Privately to Author option or directly provide it to the link below?

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002h3fPaQAI&entry.80707362=00160853

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2h3fPa:ref

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 19, 2022, 12:06:28 AM12/19/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, I've found a workaround for that issue.
When loading native ad using Jetpack compose + View interop we should request layout via calling view.requestLayout() with some delay in order to affect the ui changes to admob statistics
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 10.05.32.png
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 10.06.07.png

Rustam Samandarov

Dec 19, 2022, 12:18:05 AM12/19/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Here is the link where the author has shared the same issue with admob team
https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/mIcpNEhKY7M

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 19, 2022, 9:47:58 AM12/19/22
to rsteam...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rustam,

Thank you for highlighting the thread to us. I've checked in on our end, and can confirm that the team is currently checking the issue reported there. Since you mentioned that this is the same issue that you were raising, then I'll be relaying this to the team as well. I'll update this thread the soonest they share their feedback.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2h3fPa:ref

Vamsi Doraswamy

Apr 25, 2024, 9:17:53 AMApr 25
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Any updates on this issue?. I am currently facing a similar issue where my ad impressions are being recorded for every google ad shown in the debug build when I implemented the solution of requesting layout with a delay of 400 ms as shared above.

But this is not working as expected in the release build as the ad impressions are rarely getting tracked and the behaviour is inconsistent as well. This is affecting our AdMob show rate. Please help me with this issue

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 25, 2024, 2:20:40 PMApr 25
to va...@aadhan.in, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vamsi,

Please be assured that our team is actively working on it and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02h3fPa:ref" (ADR-00160853)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 20, 2024, 9:06:01 AM (8 days ago) Jun 20
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, va...@aadhan.in
Hi Vamsi,

This issue been fixed and change will be available in latest release kindly keep an eye on release dashboard.
Thanks.