integrating admob

David wilson

Aug 27, 2014, 11:09:19 AM8/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
i m new to android i found some problems in integrating banner and spash together and also how to integrate admob and start app together.

William Ferguson

Aug 27, 2014, 7:41:47 PM8/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
You are going to need to be way more specific.

William

Rjfun Mobile

Aug 27, 2014, 10:10:59 PM8/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Create a banner view, then request Ad.
    adView = new AdView(this);
    adView
.setAdSize(AdSize.BANNER);
    adView
.setAdUnitId(AD_UNIT_ID); ViewGroup parentView = (ViewGroup) xxx; // get some view as it's parent parentView.addView(adView); // Create an ad request. Check logcat output for the hashed device ID to     // get test ads on a physical device.     AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder()         .addTestDevice(AdRequest.DEVICE_ID_EMULATOR)         .addTestDevice("INSERT_YOUR_HASHED_DEVICE_ID_HERE")         .build();     // Start loading the ad in the background.     adView.loadAd(adRequest);
What's your problem?

David wilson

Sep 5, 2014, 2:20:24 PM9/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
when i add banner in my app it will crash

--

---

David wilson

Sep 5, 2014, 2:20:24 PM9/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
when i add banner in my app it will crash

Bryan Hepburn

Sep 5, 2014, 4:00:46 PM9/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue.

I have updated the Google Play Services library to the latest version. and I followed the instructions on Google's Developer site for creating an AdMob Banner ad.

When I run the app, I get a java nullpointerexception when the AdView view is being attempted to inflate by the Activity Manager.

It doesn't matter if I create the AdView in the XML or at runtime in the java code.

Here's my activity's OnResume code, where the error happens.

@Override
protected void onResume() {
super.onResume();

final int connectionStatusCode = GooglePlayServicesUtil.isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(this);

if (connectionStatusCode == ConnectionResult.SUCCESS) {
adView = (AdView) this.findViewById(R.id.bannerAdView);

AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest
.Builder()
.build();

adView.loadAd(adRequest);
}
}// end onResume

My activity's XML code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:ads="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
android:id="@+id/yourbasiclayout"
android:orientation="vertical"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:paddingLeft="2dp"
android:paddingRight="2dp"

<TextView android:id="@+id/myAdView_Label"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:gravity="center"
android:textSize="16sp"
android:textStyle="bold"
android:text="Google Ads"/>

<com.google.ads.AdView
android:id="@+id/bannerAdView"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="10dp"
ads:adUnitId="MyBannerAdId"
ads:adSize="BANNER" />
</LinearLayout>

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 5, 2014, 5:11:45 PM9/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
@Bryan,

1) You don't need to check if Google Play services is available to use AdMob. AdMob's library will make that check on your behalf.
2) Your XML is specifying a com.google.ads.AdView which is the AdView class from the legacy standalone SDK that doesn't exist in Google Play services. You want com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView instead.

Thanks,
Eric

David wilson

Sep 7, 2014, 10:21:06 AM9/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
hi. how r u all ?? how can i show banner ads in all of my activities???

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 8, 2014, 2:51:39 PM9/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to include banner code in each of your activities where you want ads.

Thanks,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

David wilson

Sep 8, 2014, 3:18:28 PM9/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
thank u

David wilson

Sep 14, 2014, 3:14:09 PM9/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
hi friends waht about admob 403 error

David wilson

Sep 14, 2014, 3:14:53 PM9/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
getting Error 403, you don't have access

David wilson

Sep 14, 2014, 3:40:15 PM9/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
can any one tell me watss that error
Error 403, you don't have access

David wilson

Sep 20, 2014, 4:51:38 PM9/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
how t osolve this problem while exporting project

Invalid proguard configuration file path C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\proguard\proguard-android.txt does not exist or is not a regular file

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM, David wilson <appi...@gmail.com> wrote:
i m new to android i found some problems in integrating banner and spash together and also how to integrate admob and start app together.

Eric Leichtenschlag

David wilson

Sep 23, 2014, 4:29:11 PM9/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
hi
i have qquestion related to android coding ..
 i want to show RSS feed of facebook, linkedin,twitter and google plus in one page. i searched it to much but didnot find any solution of how to read RSS feed of these social medias. if any one know the solution plz help me

thank u