DoubleClick interstitial cache problem on Android

Saïmiris

Dec 18, 2013, 12:34:08 PM12/18/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I'm using the DoubleClick Android SDK and I'm experiencing a very annoying problem : I'd like to display an interstitial with the "/myaccount/ID1" and, instead of displaying it, it displays an interstitial I've created before (with the same account) - ID "/myaccount/ID2" - (I'm 100% sure it doesn't display the right one since the displayed image is different).

It seems that there is a big cache problem from DoubleClick side. I've been waiting for a couple of hours but still the problem remains...

I really need to solve this problem asap.

My code, just in case :

interstitial_ad = new InterstitialAd(MyActivity.this, "/myaccount/ID1");

interstitial_ad.setAdListener(this);

AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();

interstitial_ad.loadAd(adRequest);

Thanks in advance.

William Ferguson

Dec 19, 2013, 8:24:22 PM12/19/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Aret you displaying interstitial ads from the DoubleClick network?

If so I don't understand what you mean by "it displays an interstitial I've created before".
Or are you talking about House Ads that you are serving via DoubleClick?

William

Thomas Aussenac

Jan 2, 2014, 12:19:05 PM1/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

Thanks for trying to help.

By "it displays an interstitial I've created before", I just mean that
I've created 2 instertitials, one with the ID "/myaccount/ID1" and the
other one with the ID "/myaccount/ID2" and these 2 interstitials
should show 2 different images.
> --
>
> ---

William Ferguson

Jan 2, 2014, 2:27:33 PM1/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I presume you are using 2 interstitials so you can split the ad revenue between 2 accounts, or for some strange A/B testing or filtering.

In any case, just because you have 2 different InterstitialAd instances doesn't mean they won't serve the same ad.

William

Thomas Aussenac

Jan 3, 2014, 4:06:15 AM1/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I use 2 different interstitials because I need to switch between A to B depending on the phone size. The 2 interstitials were created using the same DFP account.

" just because you have 2 different InterstitialAd instances doesn't mean they won't serve the same ad" -> I don't get this.

William Ferguson

Jan 3, 2014, 3:12:37 PM1/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I guess it must be pretty different with double click. With Admob you only need the single Interstitial instance and it will choose the appropriate ad size to show, you don';t need to manually make that call.

> " just because you have 2 different InterstitialAd instances doesn't mean they won't serve the same ad" -> I don't get this.

I mean that just because you have 2 instances of an Interstitial doesn't mean that they can't be given the same content to show at runtime. It would entirely depend on the content selection mechanism.

William