AdMob Ads in HTML5 (Desktop) Games?

deejaybi...@googlemail.com

Mar 31, 2014, 9:12:41 AM3/31/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is it possible and/or permissable to serve AdMob adverts in an HTML5 game game that can be played in a desktop browser, as well as in dedicated mobile apps.

The AdSense terms make it clear that AdMob should be used for games. The AdMob terms refer exclusively to apps. I have conversed with developers who have had their account blocked for using AdSense in a game.

I'm making a game in LibGDX, which can export the same Java game to Android, desktop (regular .jars) and HTML5 via GWT. I would like the game to be ad-supported (particularly with intersitials) on all platforms. Is it possible to use AdMob for this?

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Mar 31, 2014, 8:43:47 PM3/31/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

AdMob is for native mobile apps. We have SDKs for Android, iOS and WP8. Perhaps you want to look at AdSense for Games.

Amy Quispe

deejaybi...@googlemail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 10:47:45 AM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back to me on this one. AdSense talks exclusively about Flash rather than HTML5. Would you be able to pass on the contact details of anyone that would be able to verify whether AdSense for Games is also valid for HTML5 games?

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Apr 1, 2014, 3:28:24 PM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I looked into it myself, and it looks like it's not available for HTML5 - I should have checked this before I linked you. I'm sorry, but I don't think we have an ads product solution for you.

Amy Quispe

deejaybi...@googlemail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 3:51:09 PM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank Amy.

That's disappointing, but it's great to have a straight answer. Could you raise this as a feature request please?