Possible bug? I can see the ads in my app, but no impressions shows up in AdMob reporting - Android

Dan J

Jan 17, 2014, 7:20:36 PM1/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I believe that this issue is a bug of some sort (or I just missed something very obvious) as I have tried everything I could do and have waited patiently about 4 days.
This picture shows how my situation has looked for the past 4 days.

(I know, I know, my apps suck, but I am only doing this for now to learn the basics)

So, just to explain, the picture shows some older apps (from the older admob) that are reporting impressions and that kind of stuff. However, the new app I have published 4 days ago is not reporting any kind of statistics...and yes, I can see the ads in my android application.

This is the xml that I have added in my project for the ads:

    <com.google.ads.AdView
        android:id="@+id/ad"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        ads:adSize="BANNER"
        ads:adUnitId="ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX"
        ads:testDevices="TEST_EMULATOR"
        ads:loadAdOnCreate="true"
        android:layout_alignParentBottom="true">
    </com.google.ads.AdView>

Of course my real published ID is in place of the X's from the sample. Also, there is nothing else I added in code for my application about the ads.

Thank you!

Dan J

Jan 17, 2014, 9:43:21 PM1/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
actually I found the error, I simply missed one number when i was copying the adUnitID haha