AdMob SDK not initialising on device

Lawrence Steele

May 20, 2024, 12:28:53 AMMay 20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I am working on a game in Unity.

I have integrated the Admob SDK and have got test ads showing up in the editor when I run the game. But testing on device (Android) I don't see any ads and looking at the logs shows that the SDK initialization never completes, but I don't see any errors or anything.

Any ideas what to test or try?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 20, 2024, 6:58:54 AMMay 20
to lolamade...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Could you check by putting break points whether control is going to load ads or not ?

I am able to load the ads in Google Sample project.

Can you try once with latest SDK in Google Sample Project . If facing issue then share the Sample Project with us so that we can check further.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJ1jfQAC&entry.80707362=00235664

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ1jf:ref" (ADR-00235664)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Lawrence Steele

May 21, 2024, 8:27:17 AMMay 21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

here is my implementation code:

private void Start()
{
InitializeMobileAds();
}

private void InitializeMobileAds()
{
Debug.Log("Initializing Mobile Ads SDK...");
MobileAds.Initialize((InitializationStatus initstatus) =>
{
if (initstatus == null)
{
Debug.LogError("Google Mobile Ads initialization failed.");
return;
}

Debug.Log("Mobile Ads SDK initialized.");
});
}

It works in Unity editor but on device I only see "Initializing Mobile Ads SDK..." and it never shows any other messages and loading/displaying ads doesn't work either.

I downloaded the sample project and built it, using the same app id for google ads that I am using in my game project and it works fine on device.

Please advise what else I can try to fix this issue!

Thanks!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 21, 2024, 3:00:39 PMMay 21
to lolamade...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It sounds like an integration specific issue as you are not facing any issue with the Google sample project. Can you provide us a sample project which replicates the issue, so we could have full visibility of your implementation.