Expiration time for an ad after it is requested on the device

1.222 prikaza
Preskoči na prvu nepročitanu poruku

Abhishek Sheshagiri

nepročitano,
28. ožu 2022. 10:06:5128. 03. 2022.
u Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Say, I request an ad on the device the and the ad is returned successfully from the admob server. Now, within what time this ad has to be shown and when would this ad expire?

What is the expiration time for,
  1. AppOpen ads?
  2. Interstitial ads?
  3. Native advanced ads?

I checked all the documentation that is available but none of them contains any information about this. For an app that has millions of requests per day, it would be great if this information is made available!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

nepročitano,
28. ožu 2022. 11:25:2028. 03. 2022.
u adshes...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let me do the best I can to answer your inquiry in 1 go.

As per your concern, the expiration depends on the creative, reference and memory of the device and does not have a single constant on how long it will be valid within the app. This is the reason that those ad format has a method to handle this case while preloading. For instance, you should always check the isReady() flag and know when to present the InterstitialAd to the user. For Ads Open ads, Ad references will time out after four hours. Ads rendered more than four hours after request time will no longer be valid and may not earn revenue. This time limit is being carefully considered and may change in future versions of the app open format. This is also the same for native ads. As a general rule, we always recommend our publishers to not hold the ads too long to avoid losing revenue.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ys7XG:ref

Abhishek Sheshagiri

nepročitano,
29. ožu 2022. 10:22:4729. 03. 2022.
u Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hey Teejay,
Thanks for explaining in a detailed manner, appreciate it!

However, I have a question regarding the isReady() flag - I do not see that flag available in any callbacks. If you do not mind, could you send a link to the implementation or documentation as to how/where that flag is available to access?

Best,
Abhishek.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

nepročitano,
29. ožu 2022. 21:19:4929. 03. 2022.
u adshes...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Abhishek,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I think the isReady flag mentioned by Teejay is from the Interstitial legacy as stated here. Moving forward, we recommend that you utilize those callback methods for ad loading as stated in the best practices.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ys7XG:ref

Abhishek Sheshagiri

nepročitano,
30. ožu 2022. 15:05:0330. 03. 2022.
u Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Understood - thanks for clearing the confusion, appreciate it!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

nepročitano,
31. ožu 2022. 10:36:0631. 03. 2022.
u adshes...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Abhishek,

I'm glad to know that everything is clear now. For any other concerns related to the implementation of the Google Mobile Ads SDK, just kindly provide us the details. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ys7XG:ref

Liran Barsisa

nepročitano,
25. srp 2023. 08:11:2325. 07. 2023.
u Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
What if it's a different kind of ad?
For AdView, can I use it whenever I wish after I get an instance of it?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

nepročitano,
25. srp 2023. 13:15:0625. 07. 2023.
u lbl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Liran,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If your concern is related to the expiration time for an ad after it was displayed or requested on the device, kindly note that the expiration time of an ad after it is displayed on the device depends on the ad format, ad's creative and the device's memory. If you want to ensure that your ads are shown to users in a timely manner, you should check the isReady() flag before showing the ad. This flag will indicate whether the ad is still valid and ready to be shown.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ys7XG:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Liran Barsisa

nepročitano,
25. srp 2023. 14:04:0525. 07. 2023.
u Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
There is no "isReady()" function/field for AdView.
Please explain what you are referring to. You write that it's a flag, but you write it as a function...
Odgovori svima
Odgovori autoru
Proslijedi
0 novih poruka