AdMob Unity3d Plugin for Android, height of the smart banner

Mykola Sauliak

Dec 25, 2013, 11:46:10 AM12/25/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am tried to using Unity3D AdMobPlugin but have an issue with using SMART_BANNER
It i s very important for me to know what height of banner, for example for prevention of overlay banner on some UI controls.
So as height of smart banner depends from device, i can't calculate banner height in Unity3D, as i can do for other banner types

Any ideas how this problem can be solved?

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jan 2, 2014, 2:03:47 PM1/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mykola,

Are you still having trouble with this?

Amy Quispe

Derek Tishler

Jan 3, 2014, 7:36:27 PM1/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/smart-banners

It will pretty much have two different formats, one that is taller, and a mobile version that is much less. You can see them side by side here in this post:

I suggest maxing out the usage of free space based on the larger banner. Or... writing a more intricate sizing system based on the table in the first link, but that will be much more tedious and could have problems with some devices.