Admob ads - cannot click through - ads not clickable - nothing happens when clicked

Andrew

Jan 10, 2014, 7:32:55 PM1/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I'm using the GoogleMobileAdsSdkAndroid.zip (Version 6.4.1) library, with android-13 specified as the target in project.properties in Eclipse.

The ads load, display and refresh ok. However, when I click on an ad, it doesn't click through.  It looks like the AdActivity isn't launched, or is immediately being terminated/exiting.  The first time an ad is clicked, a black screen appears very transiently, and then it disappears and my app immediately resumes.

I thought that this was just due to it being in test mode, but it also does it on live ads.

Any guidance or suggestions gratefully received.

William Ferguson

Jan 11, 2014, 10:29:50 PM1/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
What does your config for the AdActivity look like in AndroidnManifest?

William

Andrew

Jan 12, 2014, 7:26:12 AM1/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.  I managed to work it out.  It transpires that the AdMob Activity and the main activity for my app have to run in the same process. I had specified a particular process in the main activity for my app in the AndroidManifest.xml, but hadn't specified the same process in the AdMob activity. As soon as I did that, all is working. .