SDK initialization error on Amazon devices without Google Play Services

Roman Valitov

Jun 25, 2024, 1:05:10 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hello!

Mediation adapters Google Ad Manager and Google AdMob are not initialized on Amazon devices. An error occurred during app startup process:

#007 Could not call remote method. @2

com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.client.zzp: com.google.android.gms.dynamite.DynamiteModule$LoadingException: Failed to instantiate module class: com.google.android.gms.ads.measurement.DynamiteMeasurementManager

at com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.client.zzq.zzb(com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite@@23.1.0:2)

at com.google.android.gms.internal.ads.zzbqf.run(com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite@@23.1.0:13)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

If I understand correctly, play-services-ads has a dependency play-services-ads-lite which requires Google Play Services. How can we set up Google advertising to work correctly on the Amazon Store platform if GPS are not installed on user device?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 25, 2024, 4:28:06 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to roman....@evrikagames.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Regarding your inquires:

1. If I understand correctly, play-services-ads has a dependency play-services-ads-lite which requires Google Play Services?

  • Yes, you're correct. play-services-ads includes play-services-ads-lite as a dependency.

2. How can we set up Google advertising to work correctly on the Amazon Store platform if GPS are not installed on user device?

  • The standard Google Mobile Ads SDK implementation in the Google Play services APK is also included in the Google Play services client library. This allows for support on devices without the Google Play services APK. At runtime, the SDK will compare the versions of the client library and the Google Play services APK and use the newer version. For more information, kindly refer to Limitations of the Lite SDK documentation.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJT5d:ref" (ADR-00243828)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Roman Valitov

Jun 26, 2024, 2:25:48 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Thanks for the answer!

I see this information in the documentation:

  • However, on devices where Google Play services is outdated or not present, the Lite SDK may reference APIs that are unavailable or have been changed from those in the Google Play services APK. This will result in a no-op and an error being logged, which may cause ads not to serve to those devices.

Can you help understand the specific cause of the error in our case? What information should I provide?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 27, 2024, 12:30:15 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to roman....@evrikagames.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will check with our team regarding your query and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.