Some GADBannerViewDelegate callbacks are not working

Gustavo Maciel

Jul 28, 2023, 9:34:20 PM7/28/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm trying to receive these callbacks in my application and it's not working with latest SDK version:

pod 'Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK', '10.8.0'

- (void)bannerViewWillPresentScreen:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;

- (void)bannerViewWillDismissScreen:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;

- (void)bannerViewDidDismissScreen:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;

Every other callback works, but these three does not work for me.

I'm attaching a demo project, just unzip and run command: pod install --repo-update

AdMobTest.zip

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 31, 2023, 7:04:12 AM7/31/23
to gusta...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gustavo,

Welcome to Mobile Ads SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Can you confirm if you have tested this using one of our sample apps (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-ios-examples)? Moreover, have you replicated the behavior when using the previous versions for the SDK? Asking this to help narrow down the issue.

As per this documentation, https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/api/reference/Protocols/GADBannerViewDelegate#-bannerviewwillpresentscreen, the methods you are reporting is part of the ad click lifecycle which is the response notification upon interaction with an ad.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mx5rW:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Gustavo Maciel

Jul 31, 2023, 5:14:40 PM7/31/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
> Can you confirm if you have tested this using one of our sample apps (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-ios-examples)?

> Moreover, have you replicated the behavior when using the previous versions for the SDK?
Just tested here with 7.60.0 and some work and other not, i can't remember now what methods work. But on 10.8.0 none of these three methods/events work.

> the methods you are reporting is part of the ad click lifecycle which is the response notification upon interaction with an ad.
Yes, i click on the ads, back to the app and the events don't work

When i click the event `bannerViewDidRecordClick` work, but these three doesn't work:

- (void)bannerViewWillPresentScreen:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;

- (void)bannerViewWillDismissScreen:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;

- (void)bannerViewDidDismissScreen:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;

I have attached a project example, please verify it.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 1, 2023, 6:15:45 AM8/1/23
to gusta...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Gustavo,

Thank you for sharing more information. I was able to reproduce the issue on my end base on the given instruction. Allow me to communicate this to the rest of our team for further investigation. We will get back to you the soonest possible.

Gustavo Maciel

Aug 1, 2023, 6:41:52 AM8/1/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you!

Myoungkyu Shin

Oct 28, 2023, 9:20:36 PM10/28/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Is there an update regarding this issue?
I have also encountered the same issue.

Checked it with
 - Using SDK Version 10.12.0.

2023년 8월 1일 화요일 오후 7시 41분 52초 UTC+9에 Gustavo Maciel님이 작성:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 30, 2023, 4:06:01 AM10/30/23
to ikaru...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Myoungkyu,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK support team.

I would like to inform you that our team is currently working on this issue. One of our teammates will get back to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile your patience is appreciated.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02mx5rW:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

5:08 PM (3 hours ago) 5:08 PM
to ikaru...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is no issue from IMA SDK and user are suggested to use latest version SDK.
Thanks

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02mx5rW:ref" (ADR-00190545)