OnDismissScreen not being called for a dfp ad which resolves to my application

prateek garg

Nov 22, 2013, 6:27:35 PM11/22/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have set up dfp ads which resolves to my app via deep link. When I click on the ad I see onPresentScreen() and then onLeaveApplication() being fired but when I open the new activity in the app because of the ad click I cannot show the ads because of "loadAd called while an interstitial or landing page is displayed, so aborting" check.

This is the sequence of logs

I/Ads     (17228): onPresentScreen()
I/Ads     (17228): onLeaveApplication()
W/Ads     (17228): loadAd called while an interstitial or landing page is displayed, so aborting

Thanks

Prateek

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 25, 2013, 6:01:00 PM11/25/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Does the ad deep link into the same app you're running, or another app?

prateek garg

Nov 25, 2013, 6:19:41 PM11/25/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The ad is deeplinking to the same app. Also the activity which is handling deeplink is a transparent activity(no UI).

Thanks

Prateek

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 27, 2013, 2:30:32 PM11/27/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring this up with the SDK development team. There may be some assumptions made about the ads lifecycle that don't account for this use case.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Leichtenschlag

Dec 3, 2013, 4:53:13 PM12/3/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The standalone v6.4.1 AdMob SDK doesn't support this case, but the mobile ads library in Google Play services works differently and I think it should support your use case. Unfortunately, DFP isn't yet supported in Google Play services, but will be added in the next release that will be pushed out soon.

Thanks,
Eric

prateek garg

Dec 3, 2013, 6:32:43 PM12/3/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric for your help.

Also I would like to inform you that after some further digging into this issue I found that the behavior is not consistent as sometimes all the callbacks(onPresentScreen(), onLeaveApplication(), onDismissScreen()) go through and we can see the ad on Final Activity and half the times OnDismissScreen() is not called until you navigate away from the Final Activity. May be it is because that this use case was not accounted for so the behavior is undefined. Is there any chance that this use case would be accounted for in the future AdMob SDK releases ?

Thanks
Prateek

Eric Leichtenschlag

Dec 5, 2013, 11:28:18 PM12/5/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prateek,

I'm not sure what the "Final Activity" refers to. But if activity A clicks through to activity B, then onDismissScreen() should not be invoked until activity B is dismissed and you return to activity A.