Google Play services out of date. Requires 4452000 but found 4325034. And ads are not displayed .

Dev appsexpert

Jun 18, 2014, 9:47:50 PM6/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I am facing issue with google play service ads. I am using rev 17 version of play service in my app and using android 4.4.2 with installed play service version 4.8.20.

But getting a warning as below Google Play services out of date. Requires 4452000 but found 4325034. And ads are not displayed .

But works fine on Gingerbread device 2.3.x .

Earlier I was getting below error on kitkat and app was crashing.

java.lang.SecurityException: attempting to read gservices without permission: Neither user 10096 nor current process has com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES.

Than I added READ_GSERVICES permission than its not crashing but ads are not displayed because of above out of date issue.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks.

nagamatu

Jun 18, 2014, 10:11:40 PM6/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm now evaluating Google Play services for AdMob. Downloaded rev 17 with SDK Manager that includes 4.4.52-000 (version code 4452000) in libproject.

This means that applications with old play version AdMob library now stops ad feeding, doesn't it?
Standalone SDK have no problem.

2014年6月19日木曜日 10時47分50秒 UTC+9 Dev appsexpert:

Dev appsexpert

Jun 18, 2014, 10:21:16 PM6/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure play service build version 4.8.20 is older one.
Is this was your question nagamatu?

nagamatu

Jun 18, 2014, 11:59:02 PM6/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, this is not for you.
I'm worry about we may have a trouble by using Google Play version for AdMob SDK.

Google Play application will be updated in feature. But if Google Play services client library does not match with the latest Google Play application, our application will have a functionality problem like you.

2014年6月19日木曜日 11時21分16秒 UTC+9 Dev appsexpert:

Dev appsexpert

Jun 19, 2014, 4:16:51 AM6/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Do you mean to say this problem will be addressed in next version of google play service library.

Is there any solution to this problem as of now so I can enable Ads on Kitkat with latest rev 17 play service library ?

Any idea we can expect newer version of play service ?

Thanks

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 2, 2014, 7:51:42 PM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The new version of Google Play Services should be rolled out.

Amy Quispe