Banner not working on Samsung Galaxy SII portrait mode

Sylvia

Aug 21, 2014, 3:10:18 AM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am using Google Play Services to serve ads and did some testings on devices. The banner ad (Smart Banner) can be shown successfully on Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) and LG Marquee.
However, when testing on Samsung Galaxy SII, the banner ad cannot be shown in portrait mode, while there is no problem in landscape mode. I have tested using  Galaxy SII with Android v2.3.6 and v4.0.3, and both give a blank banner ad when the device is in portrait mode. The log didn't print any error, and I am unable to solve the problem.

Did anyone else encounter this?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 21, 2014, 3:15:13 PM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I just got an ad back on my test SII running 4.0.3. You should get either an onAdLoaded or onAdFailedToLoad callback when making a request. If there is a network problem and the connection hangs, it could be 60s before you get a failure callback.