Re: Delegate is not called on mediation (iOS)

Joshua G

Oct 23, 2013, 11:24:26 PM10/23/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
For some mediation networks, I find that my delegates aren't being called when the ad is presented and when the screen disappears.. Currently I use:

- (void)interstitialWillPresentScreen:(GADInterstitial *)interstitial

and
- (void)interstitialWillPresentScreen:(GADInterstitial *)interstitial

to set a displayingAd value in my view controller. I find that these methods aren't called reliably, and therefore the app does not properly regain control after the ad is dismissed. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems to work if I set displayingAd=YES right before I call:
 [interstitial_ presentFromRootViewController:self]

Then I just do something like if(displayingAd) {}in the viewcontrollers viewDidAppear method.

I'm not sure if this is a valid way of doing things.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 25, 2013, 6:06:13 PM10/25/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

That is the correct time to set displayingAd, as interstitialWillPresentScreen is supposed to get notified shortly after presentFromRootViewController is called. If you aren't getting that callback, it's because the ad network adapter isn't notifying the mediation framework, so the mediation framework can't notify you. If you know which mediation networks those are, you can contact that network from the Customer Support link on https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/mediation-networks.

Thanks,
Eric

BlueGlide

Jan 13, 2015, 10:28:03 PM1/13/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, eleich...@google.com
Joshua,

I know this is old, but I just set up the mediation and I am seeing these delegates not being called even on the Google served ads.

Tom

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jan 14, 2015, 2:27:33 PM1/14/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, eleich...@google.com
Hi Tom,

Check out http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2014/05/google-mobile-ads-sdk-note-on-ad-click.html. On iOS, willPresentScreen/willDismissScreen are only invoked for overlays. Most banner clicks leave the application instead, so only willLeaveApplication gets called. Unfortunately this behavior is different on iOS than it is on Android.

Thanks,
Eric