GADRequest not work in Xcode 5.1 and iOS7.1

Anders Lundsgård

Mar 24, 2014, 6:05:16 PM3/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In XCode 4 and iOS6 below code successfully called the delegate method adViewDidReceiveAd and an ad was shown. But open the same project with no code changes in Xcode 5.1 and iOS7.1 the method is never called :-(. Also not the error method didFailToReceiveAdWithError.
On my current distributed app it is working for iOS7 users (but that one was built with Xcode 4.3 before iOS7.1 exeisted.)

    bannerView_ = [[GADBannerView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0.0self.view.frame.size.height, GAD_SIZE_320x50.width, GAD_SIZE_320x50.height)];

    bannerView_.adUnitID = @"xxxxxxxxxxxx"

    bannerView_.rootViewController = self;

    [self.view addSubview:bannerView_];

    bannerView_.delegate = self;

    [bannerView_ loadRequest: [GADRequest request]];

Any idea what is wrong?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Mar 24, 2014, 9:53:34 PM3/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

That code looks correct. Are you still seeing this if you run the BannerExample project? Or is there any other logging that you see?

Thanks,
Eric

Robert Richardson

Mar 25, 2014, 6:15:19 PM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I finally am seeing ads in my emulator. I have one logic error.

I have all the ads code in the getView portion of my listview where the ads are located in the first row on the list. When the app starts, the view of the list is as follows:

list1
list2
list3
list4

After I click on it the view changes as follows:

list 3 selected, list rearranged out of order:

list4  - click and it is list1 data
list3  -                      list2
list2  -                      list3
list1  -                      list4

Click on any other item on the list and the list of items change the order again.

Not sure what's going on yet. I originally started with this approach because it was mentioned in adMob documentation with an example. The example just spits out a list of items (can;t tap an item to make any changes). Do you have another example that I could use?

Thanks,

Bob Richardson

--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag

Mar 26, 2014, 5:52:31 PM3/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

There is an example here on how to integrate ads into a list view. Hopefully it helps solve your issue.

Thanks,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Robert Richardson

Mar 26, 2014, 5:59:30 PM3/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Thanks for the info. FYI - I finally got it working. I sent a later email on this. I also sent you another email today on some additional questions.

Thanks for your help,

Bob