GOOGLE: Unable to link to app that just went live in iOS AppStore

ios...@republicofapps.com

May 8, 2014, 4:53:08 AM5/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My app just went live in the iOS AppStore about 1 hour ago.  I had previously started creating a campaign for it and had uploaded the app to Apple for approval with the Google app install tracking code based on a preliminary AdMob app.

When I now try and link my AdMob app to the live AppStore app (which I couldn't do before because the app wasn't yet visible in the AppStore), Google AdMob keeps saying "No application found.  Please refine your query."  That is NOT true - the application is visible in the AppStore and has been so for over an hour.

Why can't I link my AdMob app to my AppStore app?

Please help!  It's critically important that I am able to launch AdMob ads in the crucial first few days of app launch so that I can simultaneously drive downloads from AdMob ads and from the natural boost that Apple gives in the first week to new apps.

NOTE: both iAd and Facebook Mobile App Install Ads can see the app in the AppStore, so the bug is clearly in Google AdMob.  Is Google caching link results or AppStore indexes for an excessively long period of time?

I can't just delete the AdMob app and try again because that would invalidate my install tracking code and ads are no good unless I can close the loop and attribute installs to them.

PLEASE HELP!  :-)

Thanks

ios...@republicofapps.com

May 8, 2014, 12:20:59 PM5/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Google,

Any help please.  This is STILL broken.  All other third-party tools can see my app live in the AppStore and I desperately need to launch AdMob ads to drive further installs.  This is the critical first day of launch and not being able to show AdMob ads because says "Application not found" (not true, the app has been live for 8.75 hours now) is a huge misstep in my launch.

I'm not trying to sound rude, I appreciate all you do for us!  :-)  But I want to spend hundreds of dollars on ads with you and you won't let me because you insist that my live-in-the-appstore app is "not found" ... :-(

Thanks and I hope you're having a nice day.

Kunal Verma

May 8, 2014, 12:29:11 PM5/8/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers

For me, it took around 48 hours to be visible when needed for the purpose of advertising.

--

---

ios...@republicofapps.com

May 8, 2014, 4:45:25 PM5/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kunal!  Was this for iOS or Android?

I'm just curious why it takes Google so long to discover new apps ... iTunes even publishes an RSS feed of new app releases that they could scan.  I would expect AdMob to discover new apps within at most an hour or two of the app's release to the AppStore.

ios...@republicofapps.com

May 9, 2014, 1:14:58 AM5/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
My app is finally linkable after 22 hours.

GOOGLE PLEASE RESPOND: Any idea why I had to wait 22 hours for my app to be linkable?

Thanks!

Kunal Verma

May 9, 2014, 1:38:05 AM5/9/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers

I was talking about the same as yours iOS. 22 hours is fine.
Maybe the app store database took time to refresh.

--

---

doubl...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2017, 10:58:35 PM9/10/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Why my app unable to link to app ,it has already  in the AppStore 9 days

Joshua Lagonera (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Sep 11, 2017, 2:47:20 AM9/11/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi there,

Kindly refrain from re-opening old threads. If you would like assistance with regards to the Mobile Ads SDK, feel free to open a new thread and we will be glad to assist you from there on.

That said, if you have trouble linking your app to your AdMob account, then I would suggest that you contact our Product Support Team for further assistance as we only handle technical concerns specific to the Mobile Ads SDK. Additionally, you may learn more about Manually Linking your App from this document.

Regards,
Joshua Lagonera
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Felix Chin

Sep 12, 2017, 4:55:46 AM9/12/17
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Can you give me you Product Support Team's email?

Regards,
Felix Chin

--

---

Joshua Lagonera (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Sep 12, 2017, 7:23:55 AM9/12/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Felix,

You can contact our Product Support Team using the form I previously linked, as well as the other forms located using the Contact Us button found on the upper right side of the AdMob Help Center. These are the only channels of contact for our Product Support Team.

If you are not able to access the forms, then you might be belonging to the specific group of publishers described in this blog post.

As previously mentioned, kindly open a new thread if you would like further assistance regarding the Mobile Ads SDK and its implementation.

Regards,
Joshua Lagonera
Mobile Ads SDK Team