AppLovin Mediation Adapter doesn't seem to initialize

Michael Zhu

Apr 24, 2024, 9:54:34 AMApr 24
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, I'm trying to integrate the AppLovin mediation adapter for GMA on Android. I've followed the AppLovin mediation guide, but I don't see it being initialized in the adapter status list in the on completion handler:

Adapter status, com.google.android.gms.ads.MobileAds :  : READY
Adapter status, com.google.ads.mediation.vungle.VungleMediationAdapter :  : READY
Adapter status, com.google.ads.mediation.ironsource.IronSourceMediationAdapter :  : READY
Adapter status, com.google.ads.mediation.unity.UnityMediationAdapter :  : READY

I can see other ones that I'm using, but not the new AppLovinMediationAdapter.

After the init is complete, I can see that the sdk is not initialized if I access the AppLovinSdk instance. Any attempt to load an ad from AppLovin results in a "no fill" error code 3. But the response info is empty when it lists the adapter info. So I believe the two may be related, though I'm not sure.

Is there any advice to get more visibility into this issue? It's hard to see what the GMA initialization is doing and there are no error messages that may indicate what is going wrong.

Thanks!
Michael

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 24, 2024, 3:49:25 PMApr 24
to micha...@king.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

As per the New SDK Initialization API  you must set your SDK Key in the AppLovinSdkInitializationConfiguration initializer. If your AndroidManifest.xml contains an entry for “applovin.sdk.key”, you must remove it. You can find your SDK key in the Account > General > Keys section of the AppLovin dashboard.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the New SDK Initialization API and also refer to the Manual integration for more details.

Kindly reach out to us, if you need any further assistance.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tPIaS:ref" (ADR-00232477)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Michael Zhu

Apr 24, 2024, 9:33:48 PMApr 24
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I got it working, thank you! I had the SDK key set in my mediation config, but I think there was some strange thing going on with the gradle cache. I had it redownload google play services and then I could see the SDK being initialized.

Best regards,
Michael