How to know user consent from GDPR (iOS/Swift)

đăng Phan Nhật

Jul 6, 2023, 10:48:56 AM7/6/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

My App was rejected because displaying GDPR and ATT could confuse users. According to Apple's requirement, I have set GDPR to be shown first. When the user agrees, I will proceed to display ATT. On the other hand, if the user does not agree to GDPR, there is no need to show ATT. I don't know how to obtain the user's response (Agree or Disagree) when displaying GDPR to determine whether to display ATT or not. Thank you.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 6, 2023, 4:04:47 PM7/6/23
to phan...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern, can you confirm if you've implement this (https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/ios14#request) in your app implementation and was able to get rejected in the Apple store? Can you provide us with a message from Apple, and sample app of your implementation so we can check it? In addition to that, kindly check this (https://support.google.com/admob/answer/10115027?hl=en&sjid=7957257197824270133-AP) to know more about IDFA messages.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mrzhD:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

đăng Phan Nhật

Jul 6, 2023, 5:29:41 PM7/6/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes, I have implemented this (https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/ios14#request).
Here is the announcement from Apple:
Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed your app includes a GDPR prompt and an App Tracking Transparency permission request, but they are implemented in a way that might confuse the user.

specifically, your app shows the App Tracking Transparency permission request after the user has already requested you not to track on the GDPR prompt.

In addition to App Tracking Transparency, it is important to include all disclosures required by local laws and regulations wherever your app is distributed. These disclosures should be implemented in a way that is clear and respects the user's choices, regardless of the order in which they are presented to the user.

Next Steps

If the user denies permission to track once, do not ask them to allow tracking again within the same permission request flow. There should be no tracking activity until the user grants permission to track.

If your app shows the GDPR prompt before showing the App Tracking Transparency permission request, there is no need to modify the wording of the GDPR prompt.

If in EEA, my App show GDPR first
Screenshot-0706-145330.png

Then if the user declines or agrees, my app continues to show ATT.
Screenshot-0706-145341.pngScreenshot-0706-145358.png

At Apple's request. If GDPR is declined, I do not need to continue showing ATT. So is there a way to do that?

Also, can I approach this incense? Show ATT first, if the user Ask App not to track, I don't need to show GDPR anymore. On the other hand, if the user allows tracking, I will continue to show GDPR
Thank you.
Vào lúc 03:04:47 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 7, 2023, Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor đã viết:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 7, 2023, 2:34:50 AM7/7/23
to phan...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for the response.

With regards to your inquiry "Also, can I approach this incense? Show ATT first, if the user Ask App not to track, I don't need to show GDPR anymore. On the other hand, if the user allows tracking, I will continue to show GDPR", I believe this is the best approach given the information from Apple. First show the ATT prompt and then determine whether or not to display the GDPR prompt. Based on the documents from Apple (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/apptrackingtransparency/attrackingmanager/authorizationstatus), you can easily determine if the a user has authorized or denied the ATT.

However, if you plan to show the GDPR message first then use the UMP SDK to handle Apple's App Tracking Transparency (ATT) requirements, make sure you've created, configured, and published your IDFA explainer message in the AdMob UI. As Mobile Ads SDK will automatically obtain, parse, and respect the TC string from within local storage.

đăng Phan Nhật

Jul 7, 2023, 2:55:39 AM7/7/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you very much for your answer. Maybe I will solve the problem based on this guide. Appreciate

Vào lúc 13:34:50 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 7, 2023, Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor đã viết:

Hezi medina

Jul 18, 2023, 3:42:35 PM7/18/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
đăng Phan Nhật's

Can please update what the way you choose?  add the next option to my app:

1. ATT > accept > GDPR > accept > show ads --- its okay

2. ATT > not accept > GDPR MESSAGE > don't show..

But i think its a wrong way

https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/scMoEETnKFE

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 18, 2023, 5:45:48 PM7/18/23
to hezi.m...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hezi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We could see that you've already an existing thread (https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/scMoEETnKFE/m/RjJ9lRrKAQAJ?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer) with regard to consent. We already responded to you on that thread with our recommendation. Kindly check it and continue the conversation on that thread moving forward.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 29, 2023, 7:10:43 AM8/29/23
to hezi.m...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hezi,

Thank you for flagging this. If you are using the UMP SDK to handle both the IDFA and the GDPR form, your issue should be resolved. It does not require an SDK update. Please read our help center article for more information related to the ordering of the messages based on the user's location consent choices.

Thanks,
Justin

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mrzhD:ref