[Unity] Unable to initialise ads on Android device

Ivica Žunec

Oct 4, 2021, 8:49:56 AM10/4/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello!

I am trying to implement AdMob ads into my Unity game. I have made a test scene to test whether the ads are working or not. I am using the Test Ads approach. The ads are working in the Unity Editor. But when I try to initialise them on an Android build, the callback from the Initialise function never gets called. The LogCat logs show the following error:
Error GmsClient unable to connect to service: com.google.android.gms.leibniz.events.service.START on com.google.android.gms

I am not sure how to even start debuting this error. After this error I get a warning about the IronSource SDK, but I am currently not using mediation. Any help would be highly appreciated. I am using Unity 2020.19.f1 and the Google Mobile Ads 6.1.1. I have also tried deleting the generated plugins from the Android Resolver and resolving the dependancies fresh from the start.

Kind regards!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 4, 2021, 4:27:59 PM10/4/21
to greenlof...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivica,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would start by asking if you can share with us a simple sample of your app that displays this issue. As well as any steps that help to reproduce this. The other thing that we would recommend is to first start by building the basic app, without the mediation. Once you know you have the test ads working with the test ids, then add in the mediation, ie Ironforge.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2OWPZa:ref

Ivica Žunec

Oct 19, 2021, 6:14:11 AM10/19/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello again,

Do you need a Unity project or just an Android Build with the appropriate logs?

Kind regards!

Ivica Žunec

Oct 19, 2021, 6:15:50 AM10/19/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
P.S.

how do you want for me to share the sample? I am also not using any mediation in my project currently.

Kind regards yet again!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 19, 2021, 10:06:18 AM10/19/21
to greenlof...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivica,

Thank you for the response. In sending us the sample, you can share a link to where you have it stored via the "Reply to author" button here. At the same time you can also share it with us by emailing it to mobileads...@gmail.com. We prefer the Unity code so that we can also look at the codebase itself if we see an issue. But you can also include an apk with logcat for us to see what is happening.

Ivica Žunec

Oct 25, 2021, 8:17:19 AM10/25/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello!

I've sent you a sample project with a description of how to reproduce the problem via the "Replay to author" option. I would just like to confirm that you have received the message successfully.

Kind regards,
Ivica Žunec

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 25, 2021, 4:45:46 PM10/25/21
to greenlof...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivica,

Thank you for the response. I was checking our email and do not see anything from you. Is it possible to check that it was sent to us? Also I have looked through our spam and other folders and do not see anything. If you want you can also send us a link to a google drive or github repo that we can clone down.

Ivica Žunec

Oct 26, 2021, 3:24:52 AM10/26/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello!

I guess that something went wrong with the "Replay to author" option. Here is the link to the Github repo: https://github.com/LukaRadivoj/AdMob-Android-Test

Kind regards,
Ivica Žunec

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 26, 2021, 5:53:05 AM10/26/21
to greenlof...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivica,

I work along with William. Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, the link is still redirecting us to 404 error page. Could you kindly upload your project to Google Drive instead, then share an access directly to mobileads...@gmail.com. Kindly let us know here once the project has been provided.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team