GADBannerViewDelegate method called an unlimited number of times

And iOS

May 31, 2024, 1:15:16 AMMay 31
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi all!

We have a problem with `GAMbannerView`. The `- (void)bannerViewDidReceiveAd:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView;` delegate method is called an unlimited number of times. We use the `GADCurrentOrientationAnchoredAdaptiveBannerAdSizeWithWidth` size and do not update it after creation. The problem is difficult to reproduce. We see this happening in iPhone 14 ios 17.5.1. We use the latest version of the SDK.

Thank you

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 31, 2024, 6:24:30 AMMay 31
to andranik.ye...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've checked Google Sample Project but unfortunately i couldn't able to load the ads with test id's.

Could you share your App Id, Ad unit Id and charles logs for further investigation ?

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ9Jf:ref" (ADR-00237293)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

And iOS

Jun 3, 2024, 9:57:00 AMJun 3
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We don't have any charles logs. We added custom messages to see the source of the issue and found that the delegate func `(void)bannerViewDidReceiveAd:(nonnull GADBannerView *)bannerView` is being called an unlimited number of times. We noticed that this is not reproducible every time and found out that the user who always has this issue has iPhone 14 ios 17.5.1.

App Id: ca-app-pub-0147727453982366~3845918616
Ad unit Id: /21837128184/nl_folderz/ios_splash

Thank you
пятница, 31 мая 2024 г. в 14:24:30 UTC+4, Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 3, 2024, 5:28:40 PMJun 3
to andranik.ye...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I’ve checked in iPhone 14.5, but I don’t see any issue with banner ads loading calling didReceive back to back.

Could you check the indoor source code ? Are you calling it in loop or any certain condition ?

If possible could you provide us with your sample project replicating issue ?

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, kindly provide requested information to us via reply to author option or using the steps below:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJ9JfQAK&entry.80707362=00237293

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

And iOS

Jun 17, 2024, 4:37:20 AM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I have attached a simple example project where we had a problem with unlimited number of callbacks.

Thanks

вторник, 4 июня 2024 г. в 01:28:40 UTC+4, Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 17, 2024, 10:33:41 AM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to andranik.ye...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We haven't received the files yet, kindly reshare the mentioned sample project for further investigation.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

Eric Slosser

Jun 18, 2024, 8:31:26 AM (8 days ago) Jun 18
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
FWIW, this sounds like something I see when I don't request 'fluid' size, only fixed sizes.

And iOS

Jun 18, 2024, 8:07:16 PM (8 days ago) Jun 18
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Could you please check it again? I have followed all the steps you have given.

Thanks

понедельник, 17 июня 2024 г. в 18:33:41 UTC+4, Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 19, 2024, 3:51:22 AM (7 days ago) Jun 19
to andranik.ye...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am unable to run the provided sample project, kindly share the runnable sample project or steps to run the project for further investigation.