Rewarded ads do not close after 5 seconds, close button is greyed out and not clickable

John Mina

Aug 9, 2022, 3:41:22 AM8/9/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,
i have been experiencing rejections lately on google play, stating rewarded ads are not allowing users to close them after 5 seconds. this issue was not present before, I also noticed it started to happen on older apps as-well, so it's not related directly to the latest update.
the latest version of my app is using GoogleMobileAds-v7.1.0 and built with unity 2020.3.36f1
i noticed this issue is also happening for other developers, here is the git issue page where this is discussed https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity/issues/2122

PS: i included some screenshots below
PHOTO-2022-08-05-13-32-18.jpg
PHOTO-2022-08-05-13-32-18 2.jpg

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 9, 2022, 12:06:15 PM8/9/22
to john.m...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

It appears that the issue occurs on a specific creative. With this, could you kindly provide the following via Reply to author, so that I can further investigate this issue?
  • Charles log (see instructions here) capturing the behavior
  • App ID
  • Ad Unit ID being used
Regards,
Google Logo