Mediation Fill Rate Over 100% ?

Andrew M

Dec 27, 2013, 5:48:27 PM12/27/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I'm using AdMob to mediate between AdMob and iAd in an App I just released. The Admob Network Report shows a fill rate of 98% and iTunes connect shows 87% fill rate. However Admob Mediation report is showing fill rates of 150%, so I'm not sure what's going on. I couldn't find any discussion of this, and I want to find out if I'm implementing something wrong so I can fix it ASAP. There doesn't appear to be anything untoward in the App though.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jan 10, 2014, 6:24:02 PM1/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the delay. This is definitely a bug. We'll investigate.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jan 10, 2014, 7:25:44 PM1/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

So what's happening here is that requests are being underreported. This may happen if the iAd adapter is refreshing on it's own and not refreshing as part of a mediation refresh. This can happen if the 3rd party ad network refresh is shorter than the mediation refresh. Do you have a short refresh rate set up for iAd? When using mediation, we recommend turning off the refresh rate on the 3rd party network and let AdMob mediation handle the refresh to avoid this scenario.

Thanks,
Eric

Andrew M

Jan 13, 2014, 5:51:58 AM1/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't been able to find a way to configure the iAd refresh rate so instead I have set up eCPM to request Admob ads first. The rates between the 2 have been similar so it shouldn't negatively affect me.

Regards,
Andrew