Ad network adapter GADMAdapterFacebook implements an old API. Please update the adapter

AppsBeyond

Aug 11, 2014, 8:33:17 AM8/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to implement Abmob mediation for the Facebook Audience Network on iOS.  I keep on getting the following error in the in my log with no Facebook ads been displayed:

Ad network adapter GADMAdapterFacebook implements an old API. Please update the adapter. No valid adapters found for this ad network.  I am on the latest version

I'm implementing all the methods of the GADCustomEventBanner protocol and calling back to GADCustomEventBannerDelegate as requested (see below).  Don't know what old API is, or how to update.

Please advise

@interface GADMAdapterFacebook ()

@property (nonatomic, strong) FBAdView *fbAdView;

@end

@implementation GADMAdapterFacebook

@synthesize delegate = delegate_;

- (void)requestBannerAd:(GADAdSize)adSize

              parameter
:(NSString *)serverParameter

                  label
:(NSString *)serverLabel

                request
:(GADCustomEventRequest *)request

{

if ([serverParameter length] == 0) {

[self.delegate customEventBanner:self didFailAd:nil];

return;

}

self.fbAdView = [[FBAdView alloc]initWithPlacementID:serverParameter

                                                  adSize
:kFBAdSize320x50

                                      rootViewController
:[self.delegate viewControllerForPresentingModalView]];

self.fbAdView.delegate = self;

[self.fbAdView loadAd];

}

- (void) dealloc {

    _fbAdView
.delegate = nil;

self.fbAdView = nil;

}

#pragma mark FBAdViewDelegate methods

- (void)adViewDidLoad:(FBAdView *)adView;

{

[self.delegate customEventBanner:self didReceiveAd:self.fbAdView];

}

- (void)adView:(FBAdView *)adView didFailWithError:(NSError *)error;

{

[self.delegate customEventBanner:self didFailAd:error];

}

- (void)adViewDidClick:(FBAdView *)adView

{

[self.delegate customEventBanner:self clickDidOccurInAd:self.fbAdView];

[self.delegate customEventBannerWillPresentModal:self];

[self.delegate customEventBannerWillLeaveApplication:self];

}

-(void)adViewDidFinishHandlingClick:(FBAdView *)adView

{

[self.delegate customEventBannerWillDismissModal:self];

[self.delegate customEventBannerDidDismissModal:self];

}

@end

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 13, 2014, 2:00:31 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is there any reason you don't want to use the Facebook mediation adapter that's already developed? You can get it from: https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/mediation-networks.

The Facebook adapter linked above happens to also use the class name GADMAdapterFacebook. My guess is that because your custom event happens to have the same name, it's getting treated as a mediation adapter and not a custom event. That must be why the SDK thinks you're implementing mediation adapter APIs and not custom event APIs. Try changing your custom event class to a different name, like GADMCustomEventFacebook.

Thanks,
Eric

Richard Raue

Oct 10, 2014, 4:19:43 AM10/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I am trying to integrate Facebook Audience Network with my already running Admob Mediation. But unfortunately there is no Facebook Adapter listed on the page you linked to. Has it been disabled? Where can I get the Adapter class?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Richard

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 14, 2014, 8:41:54 PM10/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I just checked the page and Facebook links were there. Anyhow, here are the direct download links to the adapters:

Thanks,
Eric

konic

Oct 17, 2014, 9:14:15 AM10/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

here is what I've got from that "new" adapter:

  "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape", referenced from:

      -[GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7 getBannerWithSize:] in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7.o)

      -[GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7 adjustADBannerToAdSize] in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7.o)

  "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait", referenced from:

      -[GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7 getBannerWithSize:] in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7.o)

      -[GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7 adjustADBannerToAdSize] in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7.o)

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ADBannerView", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdBannerPreIOS7.o)

      objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdBannerIOS7.o)

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ADInterstitialAd", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterIAdInterstitial.o)

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm on ios8 if it makes any difference.

Thanks,
Nick

konic

Oct 17, 2014, 9:31:20 AM10/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

sorry for the previous post - those errors were from iAd Adapter.
Facebook adapter shows following errors:

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBAdSettings", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterFacebook.o)

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBAdView", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBBannerAd.o)

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBInterstitialAd", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBInterstitialAd.o)

  "_kFBAdSize320x50", referenced from:

      _GADFBAdSizeFromAdSize in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBBannerAd.o)

  "_kFBAdSizeInterstital", referenced from:

      _GADFBAdSizeFromAdSize in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBBannerAd.o)

I found that 'FBAdView' is mentioned in FacebookAdsSDK.framework.

I added it but nothing's changed.

Thanks,

Nick

konic

Oct 21, 2014, 8:40:13 AM10/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
these linker errors when linked with the latests libAdapterFacebook.a:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBAdSettings", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADMAdapterFacebook.o)
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBAdView", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBBannerAd.o)
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBInterstitialAd", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBInterstitialAd.o)
"_kFBAdSize320x50", referenced from:
_GADFBAdSizeFromAdSize in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBBannerAd.o)
"_kFBAdSizeInterstital", referenced from:
_GADFBAdSizeFromAdSize in libTWNStaticLibrary.a(GADFBBannerAd.o)

Any ideas what's wrong?
Latest FacebookSDK and FBAudienceNetwork frameworks are added.

Thanks,
Nick
P.S. somehow my previous post/answer about it was lost (in moderation).

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 24, 2014, 6:15:35 PM10/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Do your library search paths include the directory where the FB SDK is added?

Thanks,
Eric

konic

Oct 27, 2014, 4:11:01 PM10/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
since last post I upgraded to XCode 6.1, ios 8.1 and do not see problem anymore.
I also re-installed frameworks and lib into the project.

Thanks,
Nick

Mariano Rezk

May 28, 2015, 11:34:42 AM5/28/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I got it solved by adding the iAd import (#import <iAd/iAd.h>) on one of my source files.

Elam Ng

Dec 5, 2019, 6:41:32 AM12/5/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, can u tell me the solution about this issue? The link you posted is disabled.

在 2015年5月28日星期四 UTC+8下午11:34:42,Mariano Rezk写道:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 5, 2019, 2:03:53 PM12/5/19
to uranom...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Can you please share the details about the current version of the SDK and Adapter that you are seeing the issue with? Please share the complete error logs so that we can take a look and investigate the issue further. Can you also make sure that you are on the latest version and send the requested details using "Reply Privately to Author" option?

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UODtud:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 6, 2019, 3:25:58 PM12/6/19
to uranom...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Thanks for sharing the details privately. We have tested with our latest version of SDK along with the latest verison of facebook Adapter and we are not seeing any errors in our logs as you have mentioned. Can you please share a sample project for us to take a look and reproduce the issue on our end?

Elam Ng

Dec 7, 2019, 12:55:34 AM12/7/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

Thanks for your help. We found that error was most likely caused by Unity Plugin, and now the problem is solved by using the native SDK.

Sincerely yours,
Elam

在 2019年12月7日星期六 UTC+8上午4:25:58,mobileadssdkforumadvisor写道:

Elam Ng

Dec 9, 2019, 3:36:17 AM12/9/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

Unexpectedly, there are still some problems.

I follow the steps(link:https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/mediate) to integrate the Google Mobile Ads Unity plugin into an app. But it loads only Facebook Audience Network ads. The other Ad Networks, such as Applovin, Unity, Vungle can not be tested or loaded.

The sample project is sent by Email, please have a check.

Thanks again,
Elam

在 2019年12月7日星期六 UTC+8上午4:25:58,mobileadssdkforumadvisor写道:
Hello there,
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 10, 2019, 3:41:22 PM12/10/19
to uranom...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing the sample app. Could you please provide us with Unity sample app and we will then have a look into this? Are you certain that you are integrating the Unity plugins of the mediation networks and directly integrating their SDKs via the PodFile?  I'm unable to build the Xcode project even after installing the pods so the Unity project would certainly help us debug this further. You can share the details using "Reply Privately To Author" option to share the details privately. Please note that I have deleted your post as you have shared the project on the public forum.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 11, 2019, 2:35:44 PM12/11/19
to uranom...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Thanks for sharing the project. I don't notice any files from FAN Adapter in your project. Can you confirm that you have the files mentioned here in your Assets folder?  It looks like an integration issue. Please create a new project and only import the Mobile Ads Unity plugin and then the FAN plugin, and then check if this is working. Once it is, then include the other mediation adapters and try again.

Elam Ng

Dec 11, 2019, 9:22:56 PM12/11/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

I can confirm that the files you have mentioned are in my Assets folder.
Here is the screenshot.

aaaa.png

And could you please send me a demo that integrates Ad Networks including Facebook, Applovin, Vungle, Unity?
I want to have a check whether SDK bug or other.

Thanks,
Veeking Team

在 2019年12月12日星期四 UTC+8上午3:35:44,mobileadssdkforumadvisor写道:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 12, 2019, 3:56:19 PM12/12/19
to uranom...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elam,

We don't have a readily available sample app with Ad Networks including Facebook, Applovin, Vungle, Unity that we could share with you. This is an implementation issue.We will get back to you shortly with a sample app so that you can cross check your implementation.

Elam Ng

Dec 13, 2019, 2:11:36 AM12/13/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

Thanks for your reply and help. And we will wait for you.

Veeking Team

在 2019年12月13日星期五 UTC+8上午4:56:19,mobileadssdkforumadvisor写道:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 13, 2019, 12:28:18 PM12/13/19
to uranom...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Thanks for waiting. Please check this mediation sample app and let us know if you are able to resolve your issue.

Elam Ng

Dec 15, 2019, 9:01:42 PM12/15/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

Thanks for your help! By using the mediation you provide in the sample app, developers solved the issue perfectly.

Thanks again,
Veeking Team

在 2019年12月14日星期六 UTC+8上午1:28:18,mobileadssdkforumadvisor写道: