Using Admob without FIrebase, is it possible?

Wilco

Jun 16, 2016, 2:46:10 AM6/16/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Is it possible to use Admob, without Firebase?
The "quick start" on the Admob page, leads to the firebase website with instructions on how te set up google services using Firebase to generate the google-services.json file and then adding Admob.
For now I disabled Firebase Analytics with in the app by adding <meta-data android:name="firebase_analytics_collection_deactivated" android:value="true" /> to the AndroidManifest file.

Wilco

Jun 16, 2016, 9:17:10 AM6/16/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes, it seems to be possible. Instead of using the quick start on the AdMob page I used these instructions to set op google services:

And only added the ads service: "com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:9.0.2"

Removed all the code related to firebase and the google services plugin, removed the google-services.json file and deleted the firebase project on the firebase website.

Ads are still working! :)