Scrolling Ads

CFC Strikers

Jun 11, 2014, 12:18:33 PM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
There is a category of ads, with scrolling texts that show up pretty well, but delays the app screen refresh.
For example, if you click on a button, I believe the click is processed, but the screen will only show the result seconds late, or when the user makes another click.
If a stop watch is in the screen, it will not refresh every second, but by batches.

One example of such ads is online college (cityu.edu). It is not the only one, there might be a way advertisers may configure such ads.
I have seen different ones, and all cause the same problem.

I fixed the problem of clicks using touchstart and touchend, but the screen refresh is a huge issue.

Other kinds of ads, like graphic ones, do not affect my app.

I am developing with phonegap, and testing on a android tablet.