Why Google Play Store ask for internet connection when I start my application?

SF

Jul 28, 2024, 3:34:27 PM (10 hours ago) Jul 28
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Google asked us to change the application to target SDKversion 34. It was 33 before. The test in Android Studio did not show any problems. I sent the new version to the playstore and almost everything works, except for the fact that if someone wants to run the application offline, the Play Store will give him a message that he is not connected to the Internet and will not start the application until he is connected.

I tried to uninstall from the application everything that could be related to the Internet or downloads, I removed requests for advertisements, the system for protecting personal data - consent manager, but nothing helps. The application works offline only if it is started while the Internet is on and then the Internet is turned off while the application is running. I tried restarting the mobile phone, deleting the play store data cache, deleting play store updates.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

12:09 AM (1 hour ago) 12:09 AM
to slavo....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK support team.

Upon reading your query the issue is that the app is not able to run in offline mode after the SDK version is updated from 33 to 34, and the PlayStore is expecting an internet connection even though the app doesn't need it.

Kindly provide the below information for further investigation:

  • Did the offline mode work before in the compileSdkVersion of 33
  • What is the GMA SDK version being used
  • app ID
  • ad unit ID

You can provide the following details via reply privately to the author option.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02vEFws:ref" (ADR-00259876)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team