Apple refused iOS app review because of using Google consent

Szilárd

May 19, 2024, 10:52:51 PMMay 19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

In my iOS app, I use Google AdMob GDPR consent, with showing Apple's AppTrackingTransparency (ATT) dialog after Google's own GDPR consent (this is implemented by Google, as I know there is no way to change this behaviour.

Apple rejected my app with the following reason:

The app includes a GDPR prompt and an App Tracking Transparency permission request, but they are implemented in a way that might confuse the user.

Specifically, the app shows the App Tracking Transparency permission request after the user has already requested you not to track on the GDPR prompt.

In addition to App Tracking Transparency, it is important to include all disclosures required by local laws and regulations wherever the app is distributed. These disclosures should be implemented in a way that is clear and respects the user's choices, regardless of the order in which they are presented to the user.

Next Steps

If the user denies permission to track once, do not ask them to allow tracking again within the same permission request flow. There should be no tracking activity until the user grants permission to track.

If you collect data after the user selects "Ask App Not to Track" on the App Tracking Transparency permission request, please revise the GDPR prompt and clarify that you collect data but do not track.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 19, 2024, 11:39:42 PMMay 19
to see...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Could you confirm whether ATT pop up is coming after choosing Do not consent in GDPR pop up ?
Kindly share screen recording and Mobile Ads SDK version information for further investigation.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJ1iXQAS&entry.80707362=00235657

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ1iX:ref" (ADR-00235657)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team