Issue on AdView.loadAd()

Gaurav Patil

Jul 11, 2021, 9:30:39 AM7/11/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Team,

In my application, I have added Admob and whenever there is a call to AdView.loadAd() for banner ads or interstitial Ads, there is  following error. This is the first time I am developing an App but I have followed the AdMobs documentation to the 'T'.

To give you brief idea of ads implementation:
1.Banner ads are present on almost each screen at the bottom of the screen and these ads are loaded in onCreate method os respective activity
2. There is 1 interstial ad when moving from home screen to 2 app functionalities. and while coming back from those app functionalities. Loading of the interstial ad happens in onCreate method of home screen while going into the app functionalities and loading happens in onCreate method of  respective app functionalities (activities) while coming back from those functionalities to home screen.

if I comment out the specific adView.loadAd() or InterstialAd.load(), the error stops for that screen/location but remains for other screens where it hasnt been commented yet.

I am still in development phase and using Test Ads only for testing and the Ads are loading btw.

My concern is, as read on the internet, my account shouldn't get blocked due to this? Hence I want to resolve the error before going live/publishing.

I am not able to figure root cause for this and resolve it? Can you please help?

2021-07-11 15:11:26.055 com.picbuzz.photo.editor E/chromium: [ERROR:cookie_manager.cc(137)] Strict Secure Cookie policy does not allow setting a secure cookie for http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ for apps targeting >= R. Please either use the 'https:' scheme for this URL or omit the 'Secure' directive in the cookie value.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 12, 2021, 2:15:16 AM7/12/21
to gaurv.p...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern, as long as you're using test ads while testing, your account will not flag for invalid activity. As per the error you reported, could you please check if the same issue exist using our sample app?

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JaOjx:ref

Gaurav Patil

Jul 12, 2021, 1:22:08 PM7/12/21
to mobile...@forumsupport.google, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Teejay,

Thanks for responding and samples.

I downloaded the AdMob BannerExample and ran on my machine as you suggested.

I am still getting the same errors for this app as well. And the error occurs at regular intervals. Probably it occurs when the Banner Ad requests for new Ad from AdMob. Please find attached the logs and the screenshot.

Btw I am using the "Pixel_3a_API_30_x86" (Android 11) Emulator while testing my APP and the BannerExample APP. And Iam getting the errors.

When I switched to "Pixel 3 API 29 Android 10" (Android 10) Emulator, Surprisingly both the applications(my and Example one) are NOT showing any Errors(especially below mentioned one).

Is there any specific  known Issue with Android 11?

2021-07-12 19:06:10.651 8536-8652/com.google.android.gms.example.bannerexample E/chromium: [ERROR:cookie_manager.cc(137)] Strict Secure Cookie policy does not allow setting a secure cookie for http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ for apps targeting >= R. Please either use the 'https:' scheme for this URL or omit the 'Secure' directive in the cookie value.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

--

---
Bannerexample-Error.rtf
Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 19.00.14.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 13, 2021, 1:12:32 AM7/13/21
to gaurv.p...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I tested the reported behavior on Google Pixel 3 API 30 emulator, and was able to replicate the issue. On API 29, the said error is gone, but I can see the same logs as Warning message instead. Also, I can see that the ad load successfully on both API 29 and 30 even with the error/warning. That said, let me raise this (including the reports and discussion thus far) to the rest of the team for further investigation and to get their insight as well. I'll get back to you the soonest they provide their feedback.

Gaurav Patil

Jul 13, 2021, 6:55:50 AM7/13/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teejay,

It's good that you are able to reproduce the issue.

Yes the ads get loaded, my concern was from policy perspective that it should not cause any adverse effect on my account due to such error.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Gaurav

--

---

Gaurav Patil

Jul 18, 2021, 3:44:03 PM7/18/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teejay,

Any luck finding the problem or its solution?

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 19, 2021, 12:55:24 AM7/19/21
to gaurv.p...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I work with Teejay and will be assisting you on this. Upon checking, the team are still investigating this. We will return to you once we have more information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela Pineda
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JaOjx:ref

Gaurav Patil

Jul 21, 2021, 4:11:10 PM7/21/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Princess.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

--

---

Gaurav Patil

Oct 5, 2021, 4:11:27 PM10/5/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teejay, Princess,

Can you please update on this issue?

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 5, 2021, 11:50:33 PM10/5/21
to gaurv.p...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Upon checking, the team is still investigating this. But, I already followed up on this. We will inform you once we have more information.

Waqas Bhai

Oct 9, 2021, 10:14:15 AM10/9/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, gaurv.p...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey

--

---

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 11, 2021, 2:07:17 AM10/11/21
to bhai...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Waqas,

Do you have any concerns related to Mobile Ads SDK? If so, please provide us the details. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JaOjx:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2022, 5:26:04 AM7/1/22
to gaurv.p...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gaurav,

I hope you're doing well.

I just want to circle back on this. The team mentioned that this has been fixed. Feel free to come back to us if you still encounter any issues regarding this.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela