ios - can I have the add open up in my in-app browser, like before 6.10?

Dan Morrow

Aug 15, 2014, 11:18:13 AM8/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that in version 6.10 of the SDK, banner-ad click-throughs launch Mobile Safari, instead of the in-app browser. This was, apparently, an intentional change. Is there any way that I can have that old behavior back?

This is related to this topic:

The release notes mention that:

Ads now default to opening in Safari instead of the in-app browser

OK. That sounds like it's the default setting, but might there be a way to get the old behavior back?

Chris Anderson

Aug 15, 2014, 3:44:16 PM8/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Second this question - need a way to keep browser activity in-app. Can't find anything in the docs/code to indicate where this setting to open links in-app lives.

Chris Anderson

Aug 21, 2014, 11:20:38 AM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I don't want to have to implement openOverlay, I just want the ads to work as they did before. We have all sorts of custom events to direct ads to native screens in our app, and those all break with this change.

On Friday, August 15, 2014 5:22:04 PM UTC-4, Eric Leichtenschlag wrote:
This can be overridden at the creative level if you're serving your own ads by creating an expandable using mraid.expand() or admob.opener.openOverlay(). This only applies to custom creatives though, mainly in DFP. If you're using AdMob, or serving ads from other DFP system templates, those templates won't be using an expandable, and will open in Safari.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 15, 2014, 5:22:04 PM8/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This can be overridden at the creative level if you're serving your own ads by creating an expandable using mraid.expand() or admob.opener.openOverlay(). This only applies to custom creatives though, mainly in DFP. If you're using AdMob, or serving ads from other DFP system templates, those templates won't be using an expandable, and will open in Safari.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 21, 2014, 3:04:17 PM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, this shouldn't affect custom events. With a custom event, you have full control of the view and full control of the click action. Are you using a webview with a custom url scheme like myapp:// that isn't working anymore? If you have a custom event, you could just wire up the click event to directly present another view controller.