iOS SDK 6.6.0 leak on non-ARC project

Kerem

Nov 7, 2013, 12:23:57 PM11/7/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I updated to iOS 6.6.0 SDK and started testing it for leaks.

I am testing on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.3, launching my app and only waiting, not using any functionality of my app. It uses AdMob mediation using AdMob and iAds.

The app is non-ARC and it supports iOS 5.0 and later.

Attached is a screenshot of the Instruments app which was ran for around 6 minutes, showing responsible methods for the leaks. They are all AdMob methods.

Hope this helps,

Kerem
leak.png

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 8, 2013, 10:03:11 PM11/8/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'll forward this to iOS SDK eng team.

Thanks,
Eric

Kerem

Nov 13, 2013, 8:43:01 AM11/13/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Any progress on this? I converted my project to ARC to see if that helps, but unfortunately I am still seeing the leaks. There were no leaks when using SDK 6.5.1.

Cheers,

Kerem

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 13, 2013, 5:52:07 PM11/13/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kerem,

We just launched version 6.6.1 of the SDK which cleans up these memory leaks. You can get the update from https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/download#downloadios.

Thanks,
Eric

Kerem

Nov 14, 2013, 2:06:17 AM11/14/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Downloaded and tested the 6.6.1 SDK and I can confirm that there are no leaks with this release. I have submitted my app with this SDK to Apple.

Thanks for your efforts,

Kerem