Which ad format is good to be scrolled in an app news feed?

SHAI L

Jul 1, 2020, 3:44:42 PM7/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Banners? (not good because it has to stay in the bottom and not supposed to be scrolled)
-Interstitial? It says it has to be full screen, but I want it to be scrolled and have multiple ads scrolled on the "news feed"
-Native? Doesn't support video on Unity

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 1, 2020, 4:20:40 PM7/1/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

If you have a way of scrolling many objects in Unity you can add a banner every few objects as done in our sample apps for Android (look for Banner RecyclerView Example) and iOS  (in BannerTableViewExample ). I have heard that publishers have used these samples as baseline for Native Ads too, although you want video and unfortunately at this time Unity doesn't support Native video ads. Although unsupported, you may want to Google "recyclerview unity" and try some projects out.

Kind regards,
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q21Axj1:ref

SHAI L

Jul 1, 2020, 6:24:48 PM7/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you!   Is it allowed by admob policy?  for banners to be scrolled? also, how many banner could I load in the feed?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 2, 2020, 2:00:42 AM7/2/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Scrolling AdMob banners should be allowed as per policy yes. A good baseline implementation would be to show a banner ad once every five items in the scroll list.

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

SHAI L

Jul 3, 2020, 7:00:44 PM7/3/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi I checked your example and I find it hard to implement it on Unity,  in your android example they create Banners as Adview, but for Unity there's no adView class, just bannerView, and I don't know how to place bannerView in a canvas or inside a scrollview item object. How do you set parent transform for a bannerview?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 5, 2020, 9:49:52 PM7/5/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

For Unity specifically, you may want to use Unified Native Ads inside scroll views, instead of banner ads (since banners are constrained to the top or bottom of the screen). One caveat of doing this, however, is the fact that the native ads operate as 3D GameObjects that are intended to work in the world space; you may encounter a bit of complexity in making them work inside a scroll view. I'm afraid we also do not have a guide on using native ads for a scroll view at the moment, precisely due to the above reason.

With that said, I can make a feature request regarding a guide on using native ads on ScrollViews if you would expand on what you would like to see in such a guide.

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez