Is there any way to hide Interstitials after a few seconds?

Roman

Nov 9, 2013, 8:43:42 AM11/9/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Once shown, the interstitial takes over the screen until the user dismisses it, which is kind of annoying for user.
It seems like field "Interstitial timeout" presented on "Ad Unit Edit" doesn't work.
Is there any way to hide/remove interstitial ad after a few seconds?

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Nov 18, 2013, 6:31:59 PM11/18/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roman,

The "Interstitial timeout" setting is a timeout waiting for the ad to come in. You actually can't hide the interstitial after a few seconds, because it's its own activity.

Hope this helps.

Amy

Tipor Skip

Dec 6, 2013, 2:25:35 PM12/6/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

The help text on the "new ad unit" form says: "Determine how long to display the interstitial ad. Valid range is 3 to 10 seconds and must be a whole number."
(Here is the page that I am referring to https://apps.admob.com/#monetize/adunit:create/appId=xxxx)

Can you confirm that the help text is incorrect?  Or if it is possible to have a true interstitial ad that auto-dismisses, please point me in the right direction for how to implement it.

Thanks!

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Dec 6, 2013, 5:41:14 PM12/6/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tipor,

I don't see anything when i go to that page.

Amy

Vitaliy Abramov

Jan 9, 2014, 5:37:50 AM1/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Roman did you found solution for auto dismiss Interstitial after few seconds?