Right number of ad unit

playp...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 5:08:59 AM8/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

suppose i want to show an interstitial AD at two different "places" in my app: one between two levels of a game, one showed when the menu of the game is active (say every five minutes).
Should i create two different ad units?
Do you follow some rule of thumb when creating ad units?
Thank you.

Kunal Verma

Aug 22, 2014, 5:17:39 AM8/22/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Creating two different ad unit ids will be an advantage as you can better analyse each of them while seeing the reports. Which placement got what number of requests/impressions.
There is no side effects in my opinion.
But take care that intersititals shouldn't overlap. if menu is common between levels, two levels and 5 minutes happen at the same time which shows 2 ads overlapped to the user which could be dangerous.

--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 22, 2014, 2:37:50 PM8/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Using two different ad units here is a recommended best practice. You can get separate reporting for each placement, but you can still view app-level stats if you want to see aggregated data.