Rich Ads - Magazine

chri...@valeomag.com

Jan 14, 2014, 4:49:26 AM1/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi ! I'm trying to incorporate Admob into my app, but I'm running into a few problems...

1- Our app is managed and created online by a third party (Mag+). The SDK is integrated into the app by Mag+, we only enter our Admob credentials. We don't have access to the code, we build the app directly in the browser. The app for us is just a shell to deliver our new issues every month. I'm wondering how we can send triggers to load rich ads. Right now we're using their method (which is to enter the ad key and admob account) but it only shows one type of banner without additional controls - Where can I find the parameters to control the sort of ad pushed?

2- Rich Ads: not the banner ads from the web... we just want to deliver pretty ads that our readers will like seing and are used to seeing while reading fashion magazines. How do you trigger these instead of the full screen banners.. ?

3- The ads are in the issue, not the app itself. In each issue, we can add an Ad page, we could create in HTML code. Where are the coding ressources to do that?

I hope i'm being clear, this has been a huge problem for us for the past few months

Thank you

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jan 15, 2014, 8:51:20 PM1/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

This isn't a problem that the AdMob product solves, as you don't have control over what AdMob ad serves in your app. If you want to build your own ads, or have advertisers that want to advertise particularly in your app, you can use DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP). It allows you to define your own ad inventory (or have an advertiser give you an ad tag) and define where it should serve. DFP support is built into the AdMob SDK (we actually have rebranded it to Google Mobile Ads SDK to avoid confusion). You could simply pass in your DFP credentials instead of your AdMob credentials, and get the ads that you define.

On the SDK side, you could use the same implementation as you already have in your app, but there is also DFP documentation with DFP specific classes that offer more customization to meet your targeting needs.

Thanks,
Eric