How to load different Native ads on a scroll view?

SHAI L

Jul 19, 2020, 3:04:28 PM7/19/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hey there,  I implemented Naive ad in a scroll view (every 5 items= ad),
but it shows the same ad all the time,
how do I show (legally) a new ad every time my user scrolls down (different ad every 5 items)
and do I need to create more ad units for that?
As you can imagine, scrolling down and seeing the same ad is very boring and lower the variety of ads that could be shown for the user.

Thanks

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 19, 2020, 10:22:12 PM7/19/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If you have an Ad Manager API network, and have ongoing campaigns and line items within it, you may then check out this page to learn about targeting those campaigns in order to deliver customized native ads to the user.

Apart from the above however, I'm afraid that we have little control over what ads are being served by the AdMob network, as this is wholly dependent on the optimizations done by the AdMob system (which may, in fact, end up with very little variety on the ads being shown to the user).

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q22XOZq:ref

SHAI L

Jul 27, 2020, 2:11:14 PM7/27/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hey I don't use the ad manager network, I don't want to control which ads will be shown, I have a list of items, and every 5 items there's an ad,
but because it's the same ad unit it shows the same ad,  should I create a few more ad unity to show on the list in order to show a few different ads?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 27, 2020, 3:52:40 PM7/27/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi SHAI,

Thank you for responding back with more information regarding this issue for you. As I work with. Ziv, I will be helping you today.

Yeah, for Native Ads it is a little more difficult to deal with when involving multiple ads. Besides controlling each ad. The only other way I could think of having different ads. Would be to call the adLoader() again to try and get a new ad to fill the new Ad location. But you still run the risk of getting the same ad. You could also try to create several adLoader() but then you create a performance issue. So again not a great answer.

Regards,
William Pescherine

SHAI L

Jul 29, 2020, 2:43:09 PM7/29/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Is it ok to call adloader so many times anytime I scroll? sounds like a risk with admob terms

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 29, 2020, 5:29:25 PM7/29/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi SHAI,

Thank you for the response. You can call it, where you would have an issue is if it is being called beyond reasonable amounts. Once in a while? Probably ok, every half second probably very bad. Like a lot of things, if it does not look abusive you should be ok. Admittedly though it can become a huge memory drain and take up a large amount of CPU so might not be the best idea still.

But I found some documentation that could maybe help you here.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 30, 2020, 12:04:29 AM7/30/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I believe the concern of using native ads on a scroll view in Unity has already been addressed in one of our earlier discussions about it. Just to provide context on why this is a more complex topic for Unity specifically: native AdMob ads for Unity were designed as 3D objects that exist in the game world space, and using them to fit a 2D scroll view is challenging, to say the least (especially since this was not the intended use for native AdMob ads on Unity). Unity games are also generally not expected to have scrolling views with ads on them (hence the lack of support); such design is more often seen in the domain of dynamic news and shopping apps.

With all that said, I'm afraid that there is, in fact, no AdLoader.LoadAds function for the AdMob SDK for Unity. I can create a feature request for this if you would be able to expand on what you want to see for such a feature.

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

SHAI L

Jul 30, 2020, 1:22:14 AM7/30/20
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Yes I’d appreciate it. My request is very simple just make load ads Function like you have for Android. So I could load 5 different ads on a scroll view so it won’t be boring to see the same ad. Ultimately I’d like to see for even more than 5 ads. And if I already request something new- I’d appreciate if they can finally have video ads available for Native ads Unity, but this is a different request and probably not as easy task as creating Loading ads . Thanks
Regarding what you wrote about Unity, the scroll view for Unity is not the problem, because even if native ads were designed for 3D objects, I wouldn't want to see the same ad on the 3D walls, it should still be different ads, and that's why they should add this feature for Unity as well

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 30, 2020, 2:05:51 AM7/30/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for providing your insights on what additional functionalities you wish to see for native ads on Unity. I have created a feature request for the team to review. You may follow our blog or release notes for any updates on this topic in the future.