Rewarded ads cause crash on Unity games when the Google Mobile Ads Plugin used with Unity TextMeshPro plugin

mert81 indiedev

Jul 30, 2020, 2:46:50 PM7/30/20
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm using version 5.2.0
When the rewarded ad video is ended and closed, game crashes if game includes Unity  textmeshpro plugin.

Example:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 30, 2020, 5:22:24 PM7/30/20
to mertyavuzga...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mert81,

Thank you for bringing this question to our attention. I was able to check out the link that you gave and have also looked over a few other things. To get a better idea of what might be happening.

When looking at the link you posted and this link . It would appear to be that there is an issue within the Admob callback and Unity when dealing with the TMP. It seems that Admob is called on a different thread then Unity is and when that thread is used the callback doesn't always function properly to the TMP. Which seems to cause some of the issues.

From what I can tell it would appear to be getting looked a. And the best recommendation has been to remove any logic out of the callback for the when ad is closed to be in te Unity thread instead. When dealing with anything from TMP.

Regards,
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team