Need "ad unit id" but don't see "Monetize" tab in admob

P Nelnik

Mar 14, 2014, 2:29:14 AM3/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
To setup admob banner ads I need an "ad unit id".
To get one of those I'm told I need to login to admob and then go to the "Monetize" tab.
But when I login, there is no "monetize" tab visible.
The tabs that I can see are: "Campaigns", "Sites & Apps", "Reporting", "Tools", "Account"

How can I get an "ad unit id"?

Thanks
Philip

P Nelnik

Mar 14, 2014, 2:54:47 AM3/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
also I don't see any upgrade button in admob.

P Nelnik

Mar 14, 2014, 3:21:51 AM3/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
perhaps this is because I'm in Hong Kong.
So how can I ad banner ads?

quick recap:
I can't display banner ads because I don't have an "ad unit id",
which I can't get because I have a legacy admob account
and I can't update my account or create a new one because I'm in Hong Kong.

I hope my logic is flawed and there is a solution.

--

---

Kunal Verma

Mar 14, 2014, 4:30:39 AM3/14/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers

Don't worry. Yes you can display banner Ads from Hong Kong AFAIK. Also can create a new App in the AdMob console even if it is legacy.

The Ad unit id is named Publisher id in the old UI. After you add an app in legacy UI( in the sites/app tab), you will be able to see the publisher id for that particular app in manage settings when you hover on the app in list.

Best,
Kunal

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AdMob Ads Developers" group.

goh yong ming

Mar 18, 2014, 11:57:39 AM3/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I also can't view the Admob Monetize after login the account.
I'm from malaysia, i wonder what's happen ?

On Mar 14, 2014 12:51 PM, "P Nelnik" <pne...@gmail.com> wrote:
perhaps this is because I'm in Hong Kong.
So how can I ad banner ads?

quick recap:
I can't display banner ads because I don't have an "ad unit id",
which I can't get because I have a legacy admob account
and I can't update my account or create a new one because I'm in Hong Kong.

I hope my logic is flawed and there is a solution.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM, P Nelnik <pne...@gmail.com> wrote:
also I don't see any upgrade button in admob.

--

---

---

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Mar 18, 2014, 4:57:51 PM3/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Goh Yong,

It sounds like you might be on the old UI. Please see the AdMob Help Center for information and support forms for general AdMob publisher questions.

Amy Quispe

kumaresh N.R

Apr 1, 2014, 6:20:20 AM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy Quispe,

same problem here. i'm from India. i couldn't see any monetize tab after login. could you please  help me! how to change new UI.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Apr 1, 2014, 5:14:40 PM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kumaresh,

We're doing a staged rollout of the new UI. It is not available in India yet. We will announce when it is.

Amy Quispe

kikori...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2017, 12:58:02 AM6/1/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers