I have installed the plugin, but even after 2 weeks, google is not showing rich snippet for product

Saalik Khan

Jul 26, 2012, 8:42:14 AM7/26/12
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
HI there,

I have installed the plugin, but even after 2 weeks, google is not showing rich snippet for product pages. Though, when i tested the same page in rich snippet testing tool, it is showing the rich snippet. This makes me feel that do we need to allow the component/module in robots.txt? As by default, all components, plugin and module folders are dissallowed in robots.txt.

Any update on this would be helpful for me.

Thanks
Salik

Alex

Jul 26, 2012, 9:12:17 AM7/26/12
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hello Salik,

if Google's testing tool shows rich snippets for your product pages, then the extension works fine. However, keep in mind that it takes some time until Google will display rich snippets in search engine results pages [1]. First of all, it takes time for Google to re-index your pages. Moreover, annotated pages likely have to pass some validation steps that prevent bad SEO techniques and spam.
Regarding robots.txt, as far as I can tell you it is no disadvantage to create one and mention therein your sitemap.xml that contains all product details pages. Besides that, there are for sure more signals that may be relevant for Google to index your pages and to properly augment search engine results. So please be patient. For some shops it takes only a few days until prices for the first pages begin to appear, for others it may take even a few weeks or months.

Best
Alex

Message has been deleted

Mike

Oct 14, 2013, 11:58:19 AM10/14/13
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have installed Goodrelations for Virtuemart over 10 moths ago and the markup began to appear (on and off) in google search for some of the products but eventually it disappeared and never appeared ever since. I have allowed the module to generate the xml sitemap for the products and the snippets appear fine in the Google testing tool but no success in the search results so far. I have read somewhere that "v:count should be replaced with "v:votes".Here is a piece of the snippets in the product review page, please advise what should I do to improve the situation:
<!-- Review -->

Mike

Oct 14, 2013, 12:21:01 PM10/14/13
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have installed Goodrelations for Virtuemart reviews over 10 months ago. Initially the markup started to appear in Google search (on and off) but eventually it disappeared and never re-appeared again. All product pages are indexed and I have pointed the sitemap in robots.txt. The testing tool shows the snippets fine. I have read somewhere that it is advisable to replace "count" with "votes" in the totalrating code, would that improve something? Please advise what else should I do to improve this situation.

Mike

Oct 14, 2013, 12:23:11 PM10/14/13
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have installed Goodrelations for Virtuemart reviews over 10 months ago. Initially the markup started to appear in Google search (on and off) but eventually it disappeared and never re-appeared again. All product pages are indexed and I have pointed the sitemap in robots.txt. The testing tool shows the snippets fine. I have read somewhere that it is advisable to replace "count" with "votes" in the totalrating code, would that improve something? Please advise what else should I do to improve this situation.

Martin Hepp

Oct 15, 2013, 5:00:02 AM10/15/13
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Can you give us the URI of the shop, please?
Martin