Google dont take rdfa???

maich

Aug 28, 2012, 10:24:20 AM8/28/12
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i use your tool but i belive that google.de dont akzept rdfa markup to show rich snippets.

In the past i tryed it with schema.org did a direct send to google evrythink was marked up, absolutly right.

Now i installed your modul rich snippet testing tool shows me product data, but in my marked up data on webmaster tools there is no product only buisness and other mark ups. I did it via direct send its nearly one month ago. and with the other markup it was shown after one day.

Is it possible to edit the markup to schema.org style not rdfa?

Alex

Aug 28, 2012, 11:54:46 AM8/28/12
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Please be patient. Due to sanity checks it may require some time until your structured markup is processed and finally displayed by Google. The demo shop was updated a couple of weeks ago and products are listed in Webmaster tools.

Alex

Sep 19, 2012, 11:04:26 AM9/19/12
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't have any positive effect so far for your site. However, I cannot tell you when Google will activate rich snippets for your pages or whether there is another problem with your pages that may hinder Google to show them. From my experience I can tell you that my demo page is very low ranked by Google and consequently it doesn't show snippets in real search results so far. On the other hand, I know of plenty of other sites for which it worked pretty well.

So my advice is if the extension doesn't harm you page just wait for a bit more or check what else could negatively impact Google's activation heuristics.

BTW, GoodRelations will soon be integrated into schema.org, thus it makes no difference for Google whether the page shows GoodRelations markup or schema.org markup.

http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/GoodRelations_and_schema.org

maich

Oct 1, 2012, 7:53:40 AM10/1/12
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

its now a lot over a month ago since i decided to change to rdfa and good relations.
At now this was the baddest idea i have my markup is gone and no newmarkup shown after nearly 2 month.

I will try to find a good tool for schema.org or did it via hardcoding in the templates.
If i find a goodone i will show it here for other followers.

"So my advice is if the extension doesn't harm you page just wait for a bit more or check what else could negatively impact Google's activation heuristics."

yeah i will do so until i found a new tool, but I dont belive that there is anything happen. I dont know if there is something else which impact gooogle activation but as i said the schema.org style was online as they scanned it and goodrelation markup not.

I would not advise anyone else to use this, until it works certainly.

Mike

Oct 14, 2013, 12:26:48 PM10/14/13
to goodrelation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have installed Goodrelations for Virtuemart reviews over 10 months ago. Initially the markup started to appear in Google search (on and off) but eventually it disappeared and never re-appeared again. All product pages are indexed and I have pointed the sitemap in robots.txt. The testing tool shows the snippets fine. I have read somewhere that it is advisable to replace "count" with "votes" in the totalrating code, would that improve something? Please advise what else should I do to improve this situation.