XDG issue authenticating Goobook 3.5

edward....@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2020, 6:53:18 AM10/13/20
to goobook
Hi,

I have installed Goobook 3.5 as part of a laptop reinstall from blank. Goobook --version reports 3.5 fine. I downloaded a json file from Google with secret and id.

When I try to authenticate I get an xdg error. I have been through several variants aof install and uninstall etc but keep coming back to it. I tried introducing variants of rc files but have not got past this point.

Has anybody encountered this before and found the answer?

Many thanks.

xxxx@xxxxx ~]$ goobook authenticate -- CLIENT_ID CLIENT_SECRET
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/goobook", line 11, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/goobook/application.py", line 134, in main
    config = goobook.config.read_config(args.config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/goobook/config.py", line 64, in read_config
    config_files = [dir_ / "goobookrc" for dir_ in [xdg.XDG_CONFIG_HOME] +
AttributeError: module 'xdg' has no attribute 'XDG_CONFIG_HOME'

Centos8 X64

Christer Sjöholm

Oct 13, 2020, 7:01:39 AM10/13/20
to Goobook googlegroup
you need a newer version of xdg

Christer Sjöholm
Lövlundsvägen 61B
814 91 Furuvik
Phone: 076-3428989

edward....@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2020, 7:20:38 AM10/13/20
to goobook
Thanks Christer. I do appreciate what you have done with this over the years. I only used goobook to build a daily backup of my personal contacts but I sure do miss it when it doesn't.

I have xdg-open installed at 1.1.2+ and it isn't immediately obvious where I can install a later one from. I had been thinking of setting some environmental variables to see what happens but with that clear diagnosis will probably just wait and watch.

All the very best. Ed.

edward....@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2020, 9:50:19 AM10/13/20
to goobook
Sorry, I misunderstood, pyxdg was 4.0.1 which I uninstalled and re installed with pip3 to same version and substituted my id and secret in the goobook authenticate command and goobook authenticate appeared to work.

goobook dump_contacts however does not work. Trace below.

I had been expecting the authentication process to give me something to paste in elsewhere but it just eventually finished with 'The authentication flow has completed' and no errors.

$ goobook dump_contacts
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/goobook", line 11, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/goobook/application.py", line 135, in main
    args.func(config, args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/goobook/application.py", line 157, in do_dump_contacts
    goco = GoogleContacts(config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/goobook/goobook.py", line 371, in __init__
    self.service = build('people', 'v1', http=http_client)
  File "/home/user/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/_helpers.py", line 134, in positional_wrapper
    return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/user/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/discovery.py", line 288, in build
    adc_key_path=adc_key_path,
  File "/home/user/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/_helpers.py", line 134, in positional_wrapper
    return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/user/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/googleapiclient/discovery.py", line 466, in build_from_document
    if isinstance(client_options, six.moves.collections_abc.Mapping):
AttributeError: module 'six.moves' has no attribute 'collections_abc'