dtgsyl

jorgeneo560

Oct 14, 2021, 1:15:23 PM10/14/21
to gonum-dev
i want to contribute and implement the function  dtgsyl from the lapack package, however i am new to go, how do i add a new function to the library?

Vladimír Chalupecký

Oct 15, 2021, 2:48:26 PM10/15/21
to gonum-dev
Thanks for your interest in contributing to Gonum!

By coincidence, Patricio plans to implement dtgsyl as part of his work towards dgges. There's still some work to be done but he's made a great progress. See https://github.com/gonum/gonum/issues/1651 and the linked PRs for further details. So maybe you can just wait or you can coordinate with Patricio to split the work.

Regarding adding a new function to the Gonum lapack implementation you can check for example the comment https://groups.google.com/g/gonum-dev/c/DCt9Y_vEM7I/m/v-RjZ6rsAAAJ Let us know here if you have any questions.

jorgeneo560

Oct 15, 2021, 9:04:29 PM10/15/21
to gonum-dev
in fact i am working with Patricio, the links you give me are usefull but it dosent tell me how to add functions

Vladimír Chalupecký

Oct 16, 2021, 2:08:15 AM10/16/21
to gonum-dev
I suspected that, such a sudden, geographically concentrated interest in Dtgsyl et al  ... In that case, can you ask Patricio for help? I think he knows quite well by now how to add lapack functions and my free time is very scarce.