How to plot with radial axis?

Paul Tagliamonte

Jun 6, 2022, 8:30:56 AM6/6/22
to gonum-dev
Hello gonum!

I have point data that I am looking to plot using a circular axis, with concentric rings rather than ticks on a vertical or horizontal axis. A similar type of chart (I don't know the real name for this class of plot) is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_chart - but that's not what I'm trying to do here exactly. The thing I'm interested in is the concentric axis.

I'm very happy to plot points as X/Y rather than Angle/Magnitude, but I'm a bit stuck on how I'd go about changing the axis.

Is there any way to extend the plotter interface to do this?

Thank you very much!

Dan Kortschak

Jun 6, 2022, 8:45:34 AM6/6/22
to gonu...@googlegroups.com
This doesn't do exactly what you want, but it is close.
https://pkg.go.dev/gonum.org/v1/exp/plotter/rings#Scores

To see how to use it, take a look at the test code.

Dan