Tagging plot@v0.10.0?

Sebastien Binet

Sep 25, 2021, 2:53:11 AM9/25/21
to gonum-dev
Hi there,

I understand more work is needed for gonum/go...@v0.10.0 and we are all spread thin.
(I think I've tried to contribute to all PRs I could contribute to or had a vague expertise in. If not, feel free to ping me).

But perhaps, to meet half way, we could tag pl...@v0.10.0 ?
(This would allow me to unblock the Go-HEP release).
We could then tag pl...@v0.10.1 when go...@v0.10.0 is out.

WDYT?

(Apologies for the insistent nagging).

Cheers,
-s

Dan Kortschak

Sep 25, 2021, 6:16:06 AM9/25/21
to gonu...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 2021-09-25 at 06:53 +0000, 'Sebastien Binet' via gonum-dev
wrote:
That would be fine with me. Note that we are slightly more strict with
the meaning of semantic versioning than semver intends, so we can relax
in situations like this without breaking people.

Dan

Sebastien Binet

Sep 25, 2021, 9:37:48 AM9/25/21
to Dan Kortschak, gonu...@googlegroups.com
ok. I'll wait until Monday evening (Paris time) to let people comment,
and then -if nobody spoke up- I'll try to tag that release (not sure whether
I have the needed credentials but we'll see).

-s

Sebastien Binet

Sep 28, 2021, 8:15:29 AM9/28/21
to Sebastien Binet, Dan Kortschak, gonu...@googlegroups.com
done.
I've created a release-v0.10 branch.

here is the v0.10.0 release changelog:

```
Release v0.10.0 is a minor release in the v0.10 branch.

API breaking changes:

- d08bae0 vg/{fonts,vgpdf}: remove vg/fonts package
- 89f8c6d plot: take axis label offset and markers descent into account in axes glyphboxes
- eacbd7b plotter: refactor Labels.{X,Y}Offset into a vg.Point
- e25766a vg: remove FontMap, AddFont and MakeFont

API additions since v0.9.0:

- ce77c31 vg/vgsvg: add switch to embed fonts to SVG plot
- 2a53c6f vg: introduce Rectangle.Add
- 1041289 plot: allow user to specify precision of LogTick markers
```

-s

Dan Kortschak

Sep 28, 2021, 8:40:09 AM9/28/21
to gonu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2021-09-28 at 14:15 +0200, 'Sebastien Binet' via gonum-dev
That looks good to me. Do you want to do the release?

Sebastien Binet

Sep 28, 2021, 8:59:23 AM9/28/21
to Dan Kortschak, gonu...@googlegroups.com
sure. done :)
(I have tagged and made the release on GitHub with the above blurb).

-s