Mount Ngauruhoe

rinke

Dec 7, 2011, 4:28:59 PM12/7/11
to gonatural
Anyone interested here in doing some walk around Tongariro? I was
particularly interested in climbing Mount Ngauruhoe.

Preferred dates: somewhere after christmas or new year.

best regards, Rinke

Mark Kennedy

Dec 8, 2011, 2:39:12 PM12/8/11
to gona...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rinke,
             I have climbed Mt Ngauruhoe in the nude, we walked nude from near the Mangatepopo Hut turnoff on the Tongiriro Crossing Track ,we came across several people none were particularly pertured by our nudity.
But be warned Mt Ngauruhoe is a particularly hard mounttain to climb and take some warm clothes as well even in the height of summer it gets particularly cold and also you will need to wear clothes on your way down as you end up sliding down on your butt a lot of the time due to the loose scree.
Mark

Mark Kennedy

> Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:28:59 -0800
> Subject: [gonatural] Mount Ngauruhoe
> From: ri...@strohalm.nl
> To: gona...@googlegroups.com

jono

Dec 9, 2011, 2:35:32 AM12/9/11
to gona...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! A few years ago I did the best part of the Cass saddle,
Lagoon Saddlee loop at Arthurs Pass dressed very similarly and it was
most enjoyable. I have to confess I covered up when I detected other
people on the horizon, but I often strip off often when I'm in the
back country. The places I go are usually pretty deserted and I've got
into a habit of covering up when I see people coming. Something i
could revisit I suppose.

I've also been most of the way up Mt Arrowsmith in 'club uniform'.
(it looks like this ...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flissphil/543653693/)

Jono

Bernard ODonnell

Dec 9, 2011, 3:31:32 AM12/9/11
to gona...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see a list of tracks where it is easy enough to walk nude. I'd like to do some nude walking, but don't know where that is possible easily, especially tracks in the middle of the North Island

Dec 11, 2011, 6:26:21 PM12/11/11
to gonatural
Hi Mark,

Yes, I know Ngauruhoe is difficult. Too easy would be boring, isn't
it :-)

You didn't get strange reactions by walking in the nude? Were you in a
group?

Still, I don't see anyone expressing a willingness to join. Anyone in
for it?

best regards, Rinke

On 9 dec, 08:39, Mark Kennedy <markkennedy...@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi Rinke,             I have climbed Mt Ngauruhoe in the nude, we walked nude from near the Mangatepopo Hut turnoff on the Tongiriro Crossing Track ,we came across several people none were particularly pertured by our nudity.But be warned Mt Ngauruhoe is a particularly hard mounttain to climb and take some warm clothes as well even in the height of summer it gets particularly cold and also you will need to wear clothes on your way down as you end up sliding down on your butt a lot of the time due to the loose scree.Mark

Mark Kennedy

Dec 11, 2011, 11:27:35 PM12/11/11
to gona...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rinke,
              Well sorry just warning that this Mountain is not an easy climb.
Just a couple of funny looks from a couple of New Zealanders on the Tongiriro Crossing, the rest we passed were foreigners and I guess this maybe the norm from where they live as they hardly blinked an eyelid.
There was only a couple of other people climbing Mt Ngauruhoe when we were but they were quite a distance from us.
There was only two of us , Myself and a Lady friend of mine, She had wanted to climb this mountain for quite a while now, so I said I would come along too as I had also wanted to conquer this mountain as well.
Just a suggestion you may get more interest if climb the mountain away from the main holiday period perhaps in February or March, these months generally have more settled weather as well.
Mark.

Mark Kennedy