Unable to compile on weekly

dys

Nov 14, 2011, 12:41:41 PM11/14/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
 first my apologies if this issue is handled elsewhere, I didn't find.

GoMySQL doesn't appear to compile on recent version of go :

dys@dys-Inspiron-9300:~/dev/go/GoMySQL> make install
8g   -p mysql -o _go_.8 mysql.go types.go const.go error.go password.go reader.go writer.go packet.go convert.go handler.go result.go statement.go
mysql.go:796: err is shadowed during return
mysql.go:822: err is shadowed during return
packet.go:616: err is shadowed during return
handler.go:281: err is shadowed during return
handler.go:289: err is shadowed during return
handler.go:311: err is shadowed during return
handler.go:333: err is shadowed during return
statement.go:82: err is shadowed during return
statement.go:657: err is shadowed during return
statement.go:683: err is shadowed during return
statement.go:683: too many errors
make: *** [_go_.8] Erreur 1

Did I miss something ? Is this project still alive ?

Regards,
 Denys

Phil Bayfield

Nov 14, 2011, 12:51:06 PM11/14/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com
Not something I've seen before but a bit out of the loop with Go at the moment!

Raise a bug please, there are a couple of other maintainers so it should get sorted sooner or later!

Cheers,
Phil.

dys

Nov 14, 2011, 12:57:26 PM11/14/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com
OK. I may try tomorrow (or the day after) to fix it myself (and then make a pull request).

I'd just like to hear if other users of GoMySQL on this mailing list have seen this problem. There always is the possibility that I missed something...

Regards,
 Denys

Phil Bayfield

Nov 14, 2011, 1:12:13 PM11/14/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com

It looks like new language changes, but I'm a bit out of the loop with Go lately!

Denys Seguret

Nov 14, 2011, 1:13:22 PM11/14/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com
No worry.
I just forked and I'll have a look :)

Le 14/11/2011 19:12, Phil Bayfield a �crit :

Denys Seguret

Nov 14, 2011, 3:39:11 PM11/14/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com
I made the fix (mainly related to the new shadowing variables rules or
to the replacement of os.Error by error).

I'll continue my tests and I think I'll make a pull request tomorrow
(now is the night for me).

Denys

Le 14/11/2011 19:12, Phil Bayfield a �crit :

Denys Seguret

Nov 15, 2011, 2:41:32 AM11/15/11
to gom...@googlegroups.com

All test pass.

I just issued a pull request (under name Canop).

Regards,

Denys

Le 14/11/2011 19:12, Phil Bayfield a �crit :

Phil Bayfield